Some local pics

Skillets

Mar 6, 2007
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to my fellow Mass. residents....just thought I'd share a few pictures I took a couple weeks ago when my cousin and I went out on a hunt. No finds, just some more local history for you.

The first two pictures were taken on back roads in Sterling and Lancaster respectively. I'm not sure of the names of these roads, but I could find them again with a little driving around. I remember the general area.

The third picture was taken on rt. 62 in Lancaster...this is a very busy, main road. Lancaster is the oldest town in Worcester county and has a history that awes me. Whenever I drive down Main St. I feel as though I need to turn down the radio out of respect, like you do when you enter a cemetary. Not that it feels like a cemetary, but just knowing what has happened there evokes a similar feeling, like this is sacred ground. I know....I probably sound so sappy and sentimental.

The fourth pic is of my cousin hunting at a foundation we came across on a woodsy road in Sterling...surprisingly, it gave up nothing but trash, mostly larger pieces of scrap metal. My cousin determined that it was probably an old factory of some kind....but I'd still like to give it another couple of swings at some point.

Happy hunting...let's hope this cold weather passes soon! It's messing with my detecting AND baseball season ;D

Attachments

• indian fight site.jpg
    indian fight site.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 368
  • king-symonds stone2.jpg
    king-symonds stone2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 369
  • sawyer-bigelow stone2.jpg
    sawyer-bigelow stone2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 379
  • what treasure 3.jpg
    what treasure 3.jpg