What's new

Some looking Today Myself....

timekiller

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
966
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing the horn coral this morning,it got me thinking of a place I find fossil coral,shark teeth & native artifacts so I went & had a look.No points but did find a corner of a metate,& other stones they have used.Not sure the one with the little quartz is anything they used but sure they had their hands on it as stones aren't common here & most have been bought in from somewhere it was kinda cool so I kept it.Found a few shards of native & colonial pottery as well.The native pieces have some nice designs & I keep pieces like that that aren't so common here.The colonial pottery is Marbled Staffordshire slipware & dates late 17th mid18th century.Also came away with some nice chunks of coral but no horn coral.:laughing7:
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0006.webp
    DSCN0006.webp
    939.5 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN0007.webp
    DSCN0007.webp
    727.9 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0
part2...
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0008.webp
    DSCN0008.webp
    779.8 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN0009.webp
    DSCN0009.webp
    852.3 KB · Views: 82
part3...
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0010.webp
    DSCN0010.webp
    855.1 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN0011.webp
    DSCN0011.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
part4...
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0012.webp
    DSCN0012.webp
    903 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0013.webp
    DSCN0013.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
part5...
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0014.webp
    DSCN0014.webp
    799.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN0015.webp
    DSCN0015.webp
    713.4 KB · Views: 76
part6...
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0016.webp
    DSCN0016.webp
    778.3 KB · Views: 121
I like the divot stone the best. Don't ask me how it was used cause I don't know. I find them to. Nice hunt returns
 
The stone with the dimple. They call them divot stones here.
 
May have been referring to the cupped out areas in the river cobble?
 
The stone with the dimple. They call them divot stones here.
Messing with ya man,I guess your talking about pic. part 2 if so I just keep material like that as they use it here to make points.But otherwise no there's nothing more to that piece buddy.As I said stones here ain't like where you & TNM are they have been bought here by someone most the time unless you dig deep enough.We just get you guy's ground stuff here called sand after years of washing down from where you guy's are.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom