Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But, I just don't see it that way. This is real life folks!

2016 (279).jpg

I feel that any time I can go do my favorite hobby, get a nice
walk, and EVEN find something whilst doing so, I'm a winnin' :)

2016 (280).jpg

Blingie's happy, even though it's aluminum. ;)

Still managed almost 2 bucks. Pretty sweet for
just walking around I'd say. :)

Thanks for peeking anyway!

Upvote 13
Nice finds. Your gecko is getting buff caring all that hardware.

Gary, you are just " keepin' it real " for those contemplating jumping in to the hobby. We have all had hunts where those finds would be welcomed.:icon_thumright:

So, this means I have too keep working and not become a full time metal detectorist? I feel like Homer Simpson...... Doh!

Gary, you are just " keepin' it real " for those contemplating jumping in to the hobby. We have all had hunts where those finds would be welcomed.:icon_thumright:

Well, that is, in part, my purpose in posting these slightly less than stellar hunts. To show that those banner finds don't just come looking for one. They have to be earned! Over all, finding almost 2 bucks on average is pretty darn good. If you ask me. The batteries don't pay for themselves and you already know my stance on rechargeables. ;)

Thanks!

Ya know gary, I always enjoy your posts, you don't ever set standards or need a keeper to "save" the hunt, you always seem more than happy with clad and assorted odds and ends. That's what this hobby is all about, being happy with what you find, free of expectations. Otherwise you end up paying tons if money to get skunked lol. Again, another enjoyable post by you, Good job, keep it up

Hey a ring is a ring is a ring. They're always fun to find and as long as you (and Blingy of course) enjoyed yourself it doesn't matter.
Plus that clad adds up. I'm converting all of this year's clad into silver. If I happen to get enough, maybe a little gold as well.

I will take any ring any day...you still.get a kick when you first spot it in the soil..

The old me totally understands, but the new me can't believe our run (years) of luck!

Some people say to me;

'I bet you have days where you don't find much or find nothing at all.'

I laugh & answer - 'no sorry, don't know what you're on about!'

One footstep and swing at a time will get you to your next big find. Stay at it and keep having a good time like you are

Hey Whadi, I enjoy all of your posts, just because I get a kick out of seeing Blingie ! Keep the clad coming. It is a most realistic part of this hobby.

The old me totally understands, but the new me can't believe our run (years) of luck!

Some people say to me;

It is ALL about one's definition of "much", now isn't it Cru?
I'm saying the exact same thing. I cannot remember EVER, in almost a half century of this hobby, where I could honestly say I didn't find. It may not fit my dreams or others' definition of "much", but, find I did. :)

I figure as long as the good Lord allows me to get out, walk around, and find stuff, I just can't go wrong.

I see too many younger folks muttering to themselves, just another shtinkin' zincoln! Or JUST a quarter, dime, etc. Those folks haven't learned what this hobby is about yet.

Heck, if I could hunt in a museum I would expect to find something "much" every single time out! But, I don't and most others don't live in a historically rich environment. I say that if a person finds an indian head cent in an area that was nothing but woods until it was recently turned into a park last year. Is doing BETTER than someone who finds one of the pieces of silver given to Judas, in Jerusalem.

Thanks!

As always nice work - love reading your finds while sitting in the office during slow times.

As always nice work - love reading your finds while sitting in the office during slow times.

Yeah, they do make for a nice, relaxed, kick back sort of read, (albeit boring). ;) Don't want too much excitement at work now do we? LOL

You're a winner in my eyes Whadi. I'm happiest when I am swinging the coil, no matter what I find.

Some people say to me;

Don't you know you're not supposed to fib?? :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back