What's new

some more dirt images

larson1951

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
4,974
Reaction score
3,894
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
snapped a few more dirty pictures
steve
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1047.webp
    IMG_1047.webp
    281.7 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1063.webp
    IMG_1063.webp
    323.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1064.webp
    IMG_1064.webp
    362 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_1061.webp
    IMG_1061.webp
    252.6 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1060.webp
    IMG_1060.webp
    243.6 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1059.webp
    IMG_1059.webp
    278.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1052.webp
    IMG_1052.webp
    250.6 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_1051.webp
    IMG_1051.webp
    248.3 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1050.webp
    IMG_1050.webp
    289.1 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1049.webp
    IMG_1049.webp
    311.2 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1048.webp
    IMG_1048.webp
    309.3 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0
BONEYARD! I bet you don't walk around barefoot. :laughing9: Just what I needed to look at before I head out for a long over due hunt this mornin' Thanks! :headbang:
 
I bet with all that bone meal in the soil that your veggies grow really good, huh? :wink:
And just think of how many bison were killed to get all those bones in the ground......Have you ever found any bones with arrowheads(projectiles) embedded in them, Steve?
 
I sure would like to have a dump truck load of that dirt. :icon_thumright: :notworthy: :headbang:Man I like these dirt pic's. :dontknow:
 
thanks ya'll

sandcreek4,
never found any bones w/projectiles in them
but two other interesting things:
we found a big skull with a hole drilled in it and can't figure it out

also i know of a guy north of me that found a buffalo skull with a point stuck in it. i could have bought it from him about 8 years ago
larson1951
 
Hi Larson, how big a area is like what you picture?
also is this what a midden would look like? When I
was looking at your pic of the game piece I could see
all kinds of faces do any look intentional or am I seeing
things. Take care and stay cool. wes
 
thanks JYDog
the size of the images are 2-4 feet by maybe 4-6 feet
here is a picture of what the maker wished he had or was trying to make
but he was either not able or he was in a hurry
or more than likely
just plain careless
i hop this explains it a bit better
feel free w/any ?'s and i will do my best to provide you with an answer
steve
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1109.webp
    IMG_1109.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 187
JYDog
a midden is a trash heap
they can sometimes look like a tiny hill or a little hump which is usually 30 to 40 feet in diameter and not having steep sides with the top being only maybe 8 feet or so higher than the surrounding area
on the few sites that i have seen when there is more than one they are sometimes close together
steve
 
Steve. I was wondering are there many campsites as large as that one in fields with that much stuff showing on the surface ? ??? ??? ???
 
JYDog
yes a midden can look like those pictures but those pictures are just of the ground and no special spot or midden

flint tommy,
i have never seen very many sites but a few that i have seen have a lot of stuff but not as prolific as what these images show
now lots of the area does not have this much but if i am gonna post a pic i try to take the image where i can find enuff to make a few good shots
larson1951
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom