Some Neat Finds Today

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey guys, what's up. Had to squeeze in a hunt today for a couple hrs. Did alright today. I took my younger brother to a good spot with me today since I haven't been hunting with him alot lately. He had a good day and actually out hunted me witch is very rare. But I'm happy for him. He got 3 Indians 1 v-nickle a buffalo and a wheat.

We hit a area behind some old picnic groves. We fought the trash and picked up what we could. I found a really neat pewter soldier. He has got to be old. I also found this door nob looking thing with a anchor on it like the military. The v-nickle is a 1907 and also found a late 1800's market token good for 5 cents.

Hope you all like the finds. Thanks for looking.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Some interesting finds 001 edited.JPG
    Some interesting finds 001 edited.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 507
  • Some interesting finds 2 edited.JPG
    Some interesting finds 2 edited.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys, Does anyone have any idea what the item with the anchor on it is. And how old would you say that pewter soldier is. Or what type of soldier is he. Is that rev war era. Not sure haven't seen any like him.

Thanks for the help

HH Jer

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the door knob lookin' thing, I was thinking either coast guard or merchant marines. GO STEELERS

M

mchamby

That's a great assortment of things and great coins to boot. It's always nicer hunting with a partner you get a little compatition going. HH
Mchamby

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a super site you have. I'd stick with it and grid it off into small sections until it quit producing. KS

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys. Welcome to the forum calico Jack. Thanks for the info. I knew it was military marines I thought. I'm not sure what it is. It has some rusted stuff on the inside of it to show it either went on something or was part of something mechanical.

The market token is old Jake. Late 1800's early 1900's I would say. I find them alot. There used to be alot of old little markets around here. I'm guessing they were like some kind of store credit. This one is good for 5 cents. I have know idea how one got them though. It would be cool to know. They all are made the same usually and have a 2 or 3 letter initials on them to tell what store they are for.

The site will get hit again. The terrain is really tough. I find coins and artifacts on pieces of land that aren't barely good for standing let alone sitting. I guess alot of people took the short cut and either slipped on these hills or just plain old stopped for a quick rest.

Would like some rain here. Also I am waiting for all this brush to die down. I'm a woods hunter and really don't like hunting anything else but woods. So my time is coming around here soon. I expect some good finds for Oct Nov.

Good luck to all

HH Jeremy

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like woods hunting too but it hasn't been too productive for me. I have found mostly .22 hulls, barbed wire and discarded trash! I do have a site where a stagecoach weigh station was once located back before the turn of the century that I am going to hit this fall after the leaves fall and the weeds die out. I did a quick once over this summer but it was too hot, too many high weeds and too darn many bugs! I found some really old rifle cartridges and some old barbed wire that is not in production any more, and some targets that were too deep for the digging equipment I had with me, so it has potential. Good luck jer and I will be watching for you to post your finds this fall. KS aka JIM

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great stuff, Jer. I like the soldier and the token. It's great you and your brother spend time together. You must be a great role model for him.

M

mattjd

Nice finds! Jer the toy soldier is 75-100 years old. I LOVE THAT TOKEN!

HH Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread