Some new Philly area points

filmiracl

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't posted in a little bit, but I've found a lot of stuff over the past few weeks. These are finds from Philly area found over the last two days during my work lunch break...

What many of you may call nothing more than a rock is for sure is a pretty river-worn argillite Poplar Island point, broken jasper what I believe was a Madison, jasper Madison, jasper Levanna, and some broken point that I can't ID... another broken point of unknown material and some worked flakes/blades. I particularly like the one flake blade/scraper thing that has some of the "outer" rock visible.

1.jpg

Below are just two in-situ pics for fun.

2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

filmiracl

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, very hard on the eyes! Keeps your brain working though... trying to pick out those things among the millions of nearly identical rocks!

Nice finds ..... In-situ pics look identical to a few spots I hunt .... Can be hard on the eyes

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff and yes water can ruin the flaking on many types of artifacts. I found a nice water worn drill today made from quartz almost all of the flaking had been removed from the creek rushing over it for 100s of years. I gave it to the owner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread