Some of my favorite sayings.

This one I borrowed from a young lady (college age) at my church.....

Missing someone gets easier everyday. Because, even though it is one day father from the last time you saw each other, It is one day closer to the next time you will ~~ Moi :-* :-*

" Close enuff for guvmint work ".

( government work, in a machine shop, has a different meaning than what you may think. )

Grey

City Goverment her TORNADO no not a thing it was straight winds I dont care how much twisted meatal or business it destroyed WE DO NOT HAVE TORNADOS HERE !!!!!

Even a blind squirrel ocassionally finds a nut...

I have one key one--

do unto others as you would have done to you

if we truly thought this, how great 'mankind' might treat each other?

A way of separating the wheat from the chaff, especially when discussing the contributions of our U. S. Soldiers :coffee2:

All Give Some
Some Give All

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.....Albert Einstein

"OUTSIDE OF A DOG, A BOOK IS MAN'S BEST FRIEND...

INSIDE OF A DOG, IT'S TOO DARK TO READ."

GROUCHO MARX

:read2:

NEVER ARGUE WITH A FOOL. SOONER OR LATER YOU WILL DROP TO THEIR LEVEL, AND
THEY HAVE YEARS MORE EXPERIENCE AND THEY WILL TAKE YOU DOWN.

:dontknow:

I took an elderly friend of mine to a motorcycle race and while walking from place to place we were passing the 'blue rooms' and I asked him if he needed to stop. It was then he graced me with his eternal wisdom:

"Son, at my age there are 3 things you never do. You never pass up a urinal. Never trust a fart. And never ignore an erection." :notworthy:

KNOWLEDGE IS, KNOWING THAT A TOMATO IS A FRUIT.
WISDOM IS, KNOWING NOT TO PUT IT IN A FRUIT SALAD.
:icon_scratch: :read2:

I use this one on the wife alot. - You can't blame a man for tryin can yuh-

If you can't race it or take it to bed, you don't need it.

She has a butt like a forty dollar mule.

That ain't worth the powder to blow it to hell..My dad used this un.

I still like this topic. I learned a lot of colorful sayins from the three generations before me. My mom as a teenager said 'Well sh*t fire and save matches!' She also said 'H*ll's Bells!' a lot, and I was glad to see AC/DC made a song about that. My buddies and I used to say 'You might outrun my Chevrolet, but you won't outrun my 2-way.'

You can't fix stupid
Their elevator does not go all the way to the 5th floor
If life was a fan and you are standing in front of it - its a breeze - if you are standing behind it - it sucks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back