Some of my finds from Missouri

Flip N. Rocks

Jun 17, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big spade was found in Illinois as well as the dovetail. The rest are from misery. I hope these finds will give me some validity with some of you after the palasso thread. all of these were surface finds found close to the palasso rock :laughing7:

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2413.JPG

IMG_2403.JPG

Upvote 0

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mill Creek spade. Nice one! That material is from Union Co. IL and comes in fairly large, smooth surfaced tabular pieces. Difficult to work. It was only used locally for points from paleo through woodland times but the Mississippians came along and the material was great for making hoes and spades. They exploited it heavily and the spades were used all over the Midwest. Gary

OP
OP
F

Flip N. Rocks

Jun 17, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Toddpoint. I sold that spade recently. I sold it with a dalton point used for gigging. It was a beautiful point, not thin but thick, serrated and tubular. The guy who bought it told me the Indians use to dam off small streams and farm their fish in the waters. That particular point was used to gig the fish out when needed. I think I have a couple broken gigging points somewhere. FYI.. the white looking blade is Made of mozarkite. I love the bullseye.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread