tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't spend to much time stopping along the road yesterday, but took a few pictures along the way. Along the highways, I saw many "watch the road and not your phone" signs. You can get a ticket or a hike in insurance premiums or worse, if you don't follow that advice. I took Red Mountain pass to Silverton to hunt down this elusive customer who's dug holes from the Dos Cabezes mountains of Arizona to the San Juan's of Colorado over the many years we've dealt with him. His door was locked and again I couldn't find him, so he's most likely up in the hills somewhere doing what he does. I see a sign that suggests some folks feel a need to go back to work in a mine again. In the last picture I stopped at a Copper Mountain gas station that closes up early, just to wash my windshield as there were many of these little Mayfly looking bugs splattered in front of my view. It was a nice sight from there, as the sun was shining on the top of the peaks on this end of a long day of driving. I thought I was going to be out two nights, but I did everything I wanted to do in one night and headed on to home sweet home.

Attachments

• trip 090716 1.jpg
    trip 090716 1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 55
  • trip 090716 2.jpg
    trip 090716 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 51
  • trip 090716 3.jpg
    trip 090716 3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
  • trip 090716 4.jpg
    trip 090716 4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
  • trip 090716 5.jpg
    trip 090716 5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Colorado is a beautiful place and your pictures remind me of the time my wife & I took our family to Colorado and Silverton was one place we visited, don't reminder any wreaks - anyway thanks for posting your pictures.

Texas ED

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Colorado sure is a beautiful state. Really like the mountains, not that many around here. Thanks man.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colorado is a beautiful place and your pictures remind me of the time my wife & I took our family to Colorado and Silverton was one place we visited, don't reminder any wreaks - anyway thanks for posting your pictures.

Texas ED
Unfortunately I couldn't even begin to count or recall all the wreaks I've see along the way out of the hundreds of thousands of miles I've driven over the many years now. I'm well aware that anything can happen in a spit second when your out there and I wish everyone felt the same. I really don't understand why the automakers advertise a fast and trilling drive like they do with these latest and greatest cars on TV as if that's why you want to buy the car and be a reckless danger on the road and to other people. I really believe they are instigators of manslaughter when they purposely pitch their marketing ideas to the minds of fools who look to do the things they suggest you can do with an ultimate driving experience machine. They also offer so many feature that gives you the sense of being in your entertainment room at home and not on the road with your eye's peeled to the many hazards of the highway.

Last edited:

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Useful website here... Road Conditions, Speeds, Travel Times, Traffic Cameras, Live Streaming Traffic Cameras, Road Closures and Road Work Information provided by Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) a branch of Colorado Department of Transportation

I use it most of the time when I have a trip more than 50 miles. Rockslides, flashfloods and wrecks caused by anything you can imagine. Usually the state patrol is pretty good and has the detour arranged in minutes. But sometimes the problem is overwhelming, nobody can pass. My favorite part is the live cameras, as I can see what conditions are before I go.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Useful website here... Road Conditions, Speeds, Travel Times, Traffic Cameras, Live Streaming Traffic Cameras, Road Closures and Road Work Information provided by Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) a branch of Colorado Department of Transportation

I use it most of the time when I have a trip more than 50 miles. Rockslides, flashfloods and wrecks caused by anything you can imagine. Usually the state patrol is pretty good and has the detour arranged in minutes. But sometimes the problem is overwhelming, nobody can pass. My favorite part is the live cameras, as I can see what conditions are before I go.
I do now look at those sites before I head out. I also have the Utah, Montana, Colorado and Wyoming road conditions 800 phone numbers on my visor. Better for me to listen to info over reading it, as that's how I grew up learning to retain information. Back before all this mobile phone and IT we have now I'd have the CB radio giving me all the real time info on what to expect ahead on the road. Always had the heads up on all the 4 wheeler and Gator hazard locations to look out for.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Truck Crash :thumbsup:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, sure miss the days of citizen's band - back before it simply became a game of who can be most vulgar.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, sure miss the days of citizen's band - back before it simply became a game of who can be most vulgar.

My father got into cb's back in the early to late 70's. We used to go to CB Jamborees and meet the people he'd talk to. I just liked meeting the daughters of the ones he talked to:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread