Some Respectful Honest Thanks

t120tr6r

Jul 10, 2004
Yadkinville N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi. First, i would like to thank Art and Red Desert for spending many hours teaching willing subjects like me the art of dowsing. I have spent many hours reading your posts and have learned more in those hours than in years of reading main stream accounts of dowsing material. I firmly beleive that dowsing is a learned skill and can be mastered by some who are willing to put in the effort.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, in all honesty I'm a believer in learning from other fellow treasure hunters...whether it be equipment or dowsing. Thanks! :coffee2:

OP
OP
T

t120tr6r

Jul 10, 2004
Yadkinville N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And a question...

Is it possible to dowse for only shallow surface targets? I would like to use detector for recovery and am concerned about locating targets too deep to dig. Thanks for any advise and i promise to let you know how it works for me. Thanks.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you mean for L-rod dowsing, you would decide how deep to go before starting. This probably still won't keep you from getting signals, when nothing of value is above your depth criteria and everything seems to be deeper.

There are 2 ways I personally like to use, when map dowsing, both related to depth. It seems to work best, if searching is done in a general, not to specific set of search criteria. Here depth is divided into shallow (that is surface down to 2 ft) and then deeper for deep.

This is the typical non-specific 2 sets of search criteria, from my files of definitions.

Red circle is to mark areas, of loose or surface coins/treasure and artifacts of value, down to 1-2 feet deep.
Red line box (or solid filled circles) for very deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

t120tr6r

Jul 10, 2004
Yadkinville N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok thanks. I have access to an old ford site and am going to try map dowsing. Then physical dowsing. I will let you know the results. Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread