What's new

✅ SOLVED Some sort of handle?

Rex Stetson

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at a possible pre-20th century rural home site along with a bunch of square nails but not much else. It pings at various points between 01 and 35 on a 01-99 scale. It looks like a handle of some sort and the nub on the tongue appears to be part of it. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1513.webp
    IMG_1513.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1514.webp
    IMG_1514.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1515.webp
    IMG_1515.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1516.webp
    IMG_1516.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 80
You live around Maple trees? Looks like a tap
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, but no maple trees that I know of. It's a solid piece of metal, with ribbing on the sides that might be useful for gripping, and the bottom has an outline in the shape of a tongue depressor. A bit of a head scratcher.
 
Upvote 0
tn_metal_detector.gif
Kinda looks like a very small antique cast iron wood stove grate or lid lifter?
 
Upvote 0
Thanks, I think you might be onto something. It seemed too small to be a handle, but I found a similar item online that was purported to be part of an antique cast iron toy stove, so that would explain the shortness. I'm going to mark this one as solved. Thanks!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom