What's new

Some sort of maritime artifact?

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,052
Reaction score
9,302
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Found on a beach and made of brass. I am assuming it to be associated with boats in some way but don't have a clue. Perhaps a latch of some sort?
 

Attachments

  • DSC01444.webp
    DSC01444.webp
    24 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC01445.webp
    DSC01445.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC01446.webp
    DSC01446.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 104
The only thing that comes to mind is maybe a devise to cut the tip off a cigar.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a belt buckle.
 
Upvote 0
Possibly an old trunk latch
 
Upvote 0
I doubt it but maybe something like this?




​
​
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Bobby; it looks like a steamer trunk latch. Interesting find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom