What's new

✅ SOLVED Some sort of plaque, door knocker, antique WWF belt buckle LOL ?

Organicseekers

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2018
Messages
85
Reaction score
219
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one has me a bit stumped. Its the size of a WWF belt buckle and probably just as heavy (never held one).

The scalloped edge has me intrigued as does the emblem/design on the front.

It has some sort of raised studded cap on one side and a hole the other where one is missing. There is some sort of foot on the back, maybe some sort of hinged mechanism/pivot point.

Would make a massive door knocker (insert joke here)


IMG_20181226_170443.webp

IMG_20181226_170528.webp

IMG_20181226_170559.webp

IMG_20181226_170629.webp
 
Little light brushing and maybe someone can help. I sure it’s a keeper.:icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
If that's a cow pie can you send me a slice lol Looks old looks like the lion crest! England
 
Upvote 0
Well, it's obviously made of iron and attached to something, that much I figured. :laughing7:

I'd be inclined to tumble the snot out of that puppy... details are bound to remain under the 'Saran Wrap' of rust.

If you wanted to mail it to me, I'll tumble it and send it back. :thumbsup:
Dave
 
Upvote 0
Congrats Organicseekers, Cool find!

Full rampaging Lion, heraldic definitely! Clean that puppy off and see what else is there.

Best wishes and good luck!
 
Upvote 0
Well after much scrubbing and cleaning it has revealed some lettering, popped onto the computer and................

540x360.webp

Its an emblem of a piece of farm machinery, attached to the back of the seat.
Vintage-Cast-Iron-Bamfords-Lion-Horse-Rake.webp

Here is an ad for the company back in the days
BAMFORDS-REPRODUCTION-booklet-brochure-1899-MOWERS.webp

It was a rampaging Lion indeed Reanm8er :)
 
Upvote 0
Welcome by the way!
 
Upvote 0
That's a really cool relic
 
Upvote 0
I'm glad you ID'd it.
Can we see it now?
I would put it in a electrolysis tank for a few days and pop that rust off.
You will be supprised what detail is left.
Great find...
and WELCOME to TreasureNet
 
Upvote 0
I'm glad you ID'd it.
Can we see it now?
I would put it in a electrolysis tank for a few days and pop that rust off.
You will be supprised what detail is left.
Great find...
and WELCOME to TreasureNet

Yes, its been soaking in vinegar, already starting to see some red enamel on it :)

IMG_20181228_132950.webp
 
Upvote 0
That is so cool! I hope it cleans up nice for you to display.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom