Some sort of weapon?

megan

Jun 19, 2014
england
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I literally have no idea what this is, it's flat,silver metal shaped like a number 6 with 4 marks,really sharp point,thanks in advance for your help!: :) 20160503_160745.jpg20160503_160759.jpg

Upvote 10
There's nothing to compare it to for size, or a reverse photo, I'm stepping aside on this one, I don't even have a bad guess.

Well if a six turns out to be nine, I don't mind, no I don't mind..............

1462291051152.jpg
Sorry it's this big can hold it with 2 fingers

Those hallmarks must be researchable. If it's aluminum, it wouldn't be a weapon. If it were silver, it would be clearly marked, isn't England real strict about that?

Last edited:
I am thinking letter opener also. I have one that is hard plastic that is similar in looks. Cool though

Thanks everyone I know...confusing,it may not be English I wish I could find the marks and there meanings,it does look like silver and could be a letter opener..It hope someone can reveal the marks to me!

Well Megan, that would be one whopping big chunk of silver to be a letter opener, something is kind of screwy cause you'd think that the marks would be on the back.

I agree with the letter opener idea. Also, too many hallmarks on it (especially the 92 mark) not to be silver. Very interesting find.

Google "silver marks forum" join and then post your photos

Thanks everyone I know...confusing,it may not be English I wish I could find the marks and there meanings,it does look like silver and could be a letter opener..It hope someone can reveal the marks to me!

It is a silver hallmark but its not British. What on the back?

I'd say letter opener. But I'm not 100%.

It's pewter rather than silver I'm afraid and made by this company:
All you ever wanted to know about pewter
Their pewter marks are halfway down the page and match yours.
No idea what it is though, I had a very quick look at their products but couldn't find a match

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back