What's new

Some Texas Urchin fossils

Hey steve, I'm going down to Cristner's Ranch today for a dig, If you have some time off in the middle of the week, only time I have off, maybe we can get together and go...very low cost and well worth the time...
 
oldgoat said:
Hey steve, I'm going down to Cristner's Ranch today for a dig, If you have some time off in the middle of the week, only time I have off, maybe we can get together and go...very low cost and well worth the time...
i'm so poor right now i cant even pay attention,maybe another time
 
Where abouts are ya Steve71?Mayhaps when it cools of some....Did ya want to look for flint or fossils?
 
Nice job Neo. Here's a couple of things I found last week. Ummmm....why are the pics coming out so large?
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    177 KB · Views: 472
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 382
Neogeo said:
Where abouts are ya Steve71?Mayhaps when it cools of some....Did ya want to look for flint or fossils?
i'm in rockport flint, i just pick up the fossils and sell them for the gas money,lol.some friends of mine come down here from austin to fish,i got them hooked. so if your ever in this area we also find flint and fossils just few and fare between.feel free to come down.
 
steve71 said:
Neogeo said:
Where abouts are ya Steve71?Mayhaps when it cools of some....Did ya want to look for flint or fossils?
i'm in rockport flint, i just pick up the fossils and sell them for the gas money,lol.some friends of mine come down here from austin to fish,i got them hooked. so if your ever in this area we also find flint and fossils just few and fare between.feel free to come down.

Hey Steve, you gave me your number....I'm thinkin' bout comining down to Rockport next week.

I'll let you know.

Travis
 
Neogeo said:
I found this Naught. in the midden,not under it this time.I think that Those Who Came Before Us HAD to see that Texas fossils were once living critters.What do ya'll think?
IMG_3650.jpg

Here is another from the same site.
IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

I have a petrified wood piece, (Calamites), that was fashioned into a nutting stone by Indians.

Fossis..............
 
Neogeo said:
Most of the time it is....But there are BAZILLIONS of fossils here,I now have to be slective about what I bring home.My wife has been gettin on me lol....

I could not find much when I lived in Baltimore,but once I moved to Texas,everything changed..har....
If there is anyone near Austin that wants to go look for some fossils,P.M. me...I can show ya some good spots..Geo
Im new at looking for fossils. I live near Baltimore and was wondering if you have any suggestions of locations to start looking.
 
The only place that I could find them was on the easternshore...Calvert Cliffs Has some great fossils..Meg teeth!

I didn't know about arrowheads then,or I would have been hunting like mad!..I had no idea that there were alot of Clovis sites there...Sorry I could not help more...Good luck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom