What's new

Someone lost Full Family at the beach...

DrunkBrother

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
61
Reaction score
201
Golden Thread
0
Location
Auckland, New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-track, Excalibur 2 ,CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As i had morning off today, decided to do wet sand with CT3030.
Really wanted to find ring, as Dale is now leading with 8 gold for the year, while i am sitting on 7.
However my rings effort was fruitless :-(

After 2 hours and no good targets in "main drop area" i shifted a bit up to high tide mark.
that is where i scored this nice Silver/Leather Michael Hill necklace with 4 charms :

IMAG0970.webp

Oh yes.. and here is a Family :

IMAG0971.webp

IMAG0972.webp

Also, please enjoy my favorite photo from Bus trip to the beach:

IMAG0959.webp
Have fun and happy hunting ;-)
 
Upvote 0
Oh yes.. and here is a Family :

I think there is more to this story, drunk brother! I found the grand mother... or should I say, "Grandma"....

WP_20140223_005.webp

I didn't find to much today. I managed to snag two old bullets and a casing, which was odd. Close to a dollar in clad and the junker attached. I enjoyed the day more then anything! I also had my little 10 year old brother with me, so he spent more time swinging my machine then I did.

Good luck out there DrunkBrother
 
Lugging all that gear must be a hassle? At least you get out. :BangHead:
 
Lugging all that gear must be a hassle? At least you get out. :BangHead:

Heya! not that hard to be honest, i live in city center and have bus and/or ferry access to all main beaches , here is a my map of Auckland where i go :

beaches.webp

So i have 5 main beaches 20 minutes from where i live . and it is not that hard to carry sand scoop and detector.
A bit harder when i choose to do water hunting as i have to have my weight belt on me and wet suit in the back pack.

I do not drive and do not own the car as it is cheaper for me to travel by bus Even if i do it every day) day to the beach (6$ round trip)
than to pay for car park in CBD where i live- 50$ a week
 
Last edited:
I need to find out if my family in New Zeland treasure hunts. Be a good way to get to know them. You guys have such a beautiful country. Keep the posts comming
 
Good luck on gold ring #8
 
Nice goin on that silver bracelet find, DB:hello2:

Also, that is a beautiful pic of the ocean taken from your bus ride

Thanks for sharing

Lorraine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom