9.3 KB · Views: 470
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 487

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Don't know what it is, but it sure looks like one elegant piece.

Bluezman

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Seeing as I am new to this, tips on cleaning and restoring the handle would be apprieciated. Is super glue recommended? I know it would be worth nothing in this shape,
but I am interested in the history. It was found in Maryland near frederick. Old farm house land, dating back to the early 1800's. Even if someone could point me to site or somewhere to find out more info it would be helpful Thanks!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
downindixie said:
top part of a decorative ewer.

Thanks, I would say you are most likely correct. Should there be a hole going from the bottom to the top? were these mainly for decoration? Where can I find more info? Do you think its victorian? I am searching the web, but not really getting anywhere.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I think so too...

and probably Victorian or older giver it's unchecked decorative opulence.

It's sporting the common ewer theme of the maiden worked into the handle... as already shown by PBK above.

And I was also thinking, because of your concern that it could not actually pour maybe it's broken off a larger statue or someone holding a pitcher?

just a thought.

ewer.JPG

Or - it's one knarly gravy boat.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
heres one the head looks similar to. Said Royal Bonn tapestry decorative ewer. You know I did see some very small broken pieces of decorative glass. I did not keep it. I might have to go back and see what I left.

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Actaully that is still to determine. I am cleaning it up maybe it does go through. I didnt think it did but I might find out shortly.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Ok, I was wrong it does go all the way. I tried pushing a tooth pick though before and it would not go through. But after cleaning it up it does go through. I have not been able to find any writing on it. Are there tricks to determine what kind of metal it is. I doubt its silver. On the metal detector it showed up as silver, but thats where modern quarters show up as well. Anyway, I might try and go back to dig up the bottom part.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread