Something possibly worthwhile

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
I was using the MD today at an old tavern site that was bulldozed down years ago on my grandpa's farm. And i got a hit that came up as a screw on soda cap, I wasn't getting much so I decided to dig it. and to my suprise this cap had a whole bottle attached to it. It was an old amber color clorox bleach bottle. I researched it a bit on the net and found this picture. It's atleast 50 years old. I thought it was a pretty interesting find.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 249
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Johnny,

nice bottle.

How far down did you dig for this one? Nice condition.. Did you check for more bottles in the general area? Could be you came on a bottle dump; could be more down there.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me I remember bleach coming in a bottle like that. When I was a kid my Mom would take our clothes down to the? "Help ur Self" laundry once a week and I would tag along.? I remember Clorox coming in a brown glass bottle and there was those old bluing bottles with the glass stopper too.? JIM

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I found one of thsoe bueing bottles once, it still had blueing in it after almost 50 years in the ground :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions