SV204465.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 310
  • SV204463.JPG
    SV204463.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 300

808kaz

Nov 22, 2009
OAHU, HAWAII
Nice...the bottle you and your son found looks to be hand-blown (bimal) from the early 1900's, the AB I believe is Adolphus Busch, (Anheisur Bush) the AB Co. I believe is American Bottle Co., the last one I'm not to sure but is the oldest of the group, around late 1800-1900, keep looking eventually you find a Hawaiian bimal bottle...

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
808kaz said:
Nice...the bottle you and your son found looks to be hand-blown (bimal) from the early 1900's, the AB I believe is Adolphus Busch, (Anheisur Bush) the AB Co. I believe is American Bottle Co., the last one I'm not to sure but is the oldest of the group, around late 1800-1900, keep looking eventually you find a Hawaiian bimal bottle...
Indeed, these are all fairly common BIMAL beer bottles from the turn of the century. I used to find allot of these in my back yard in Hilo.
You're definitely looking in the right spot. The age of these bottles is the same as that of a majority of the BIMAL Hawaiians. Keep hitting this spot HARD and you'll get your first sode soon! :hello2:

OP
OP
F

fishaddicit

Feb 9, 2011
Oahu, Hawaii
Thanks gang. I did notice a spot in that area that had been dug in the past. Thinkin about hitting around the dig area a little.
We are slowly getting into it. Still haven't ventured into the dry digs yet...too new still.

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Keep an eye open for ordinance, the area has history.
Behind Best Buy, on the other side,
I probed what I thought was a bottle in the mud and pulled out an anti aircraft
shell about a foot long. :o
Be careful.

OP
OP
F

fishaddicit

Feb 9, 2011
Oahu, Hawaii
Da Sand Crab said:
Keep an eye open for ordinance, the area has history.
Behind Best Buy, on the other side,
I probed what I thought was a bottle in the mud and pulled out an anti aircraft
shell about a foot long. :o
Be careful.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Will definitly keep an eye out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread