What's new

Sooooo, Is Bigger Better?:devil:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
4,418
Reaction score
4,007
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Sooooo, Is Bigger Better?

oldstuff2.webp

So, check out the size of this coil and detector setup. Now that's a [size=large]huge[/size] search-coil!


1977BUYERSGUIDE.webp


Here's Charles Garrett at earlier times.
 
Last edited:
You better bring a grave diggers shovel for that first detector if you want to get to the treasure.
Man that was way before pin pointers and depth estimation days.

DBF427D8-C926-4977-80E0-590DD2BD93AF.webp
 
I remember using my Garrett DeepseekerADS III in the early 80's. I dug a balled up cigarette pack at elbow deep. That was 15" measuring tip of fingers to elbow.

I've not dug a target that deep since I returned with modern machines. That was about 34 years ago - and Garrett rocked!

I do wish I still had my ADS III, lost along the way in my travels.....
 
First detector I ever played with was my grandpa's ADS groundhog I believe. Used it to find aluminum arrows after target shooting before archery season in the mid 80s
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom