Sound money

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These pass three days I have been boxing mint 2016/2015 pennies, that came from us min ballistic bags. Found a blank planchet and two off center strikes. Nothing too interesting, till Thursday night 45 mins before my shift ends. I ran out of mint pennies, so they brought me some bagged pennies. At 50$ each and well circulated with good amount of pre 82s. When I kicked the first box out, I immediately notice the weight difference. I don't really catch the box, I simply let the rolls get pushed into the box, then guide the box and let it fall onto the table. I notice the difference from the weight of the rolls getting pushed into the box and then falling on the table. I became sadden, when I though of how our money is becoming weightless compared to the past. A mint roll of 2016 pennies does not stack up to the same height of older pennies. The first few boxes of coins that were mixed with mint rolls, it looked so uneven I was sure who ever opened it would think lots of rolls are short. Well that's all folks, oh yeah, keep those pre 82s!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Thanks:icon_thumleft:----------------------anything over 3 gr. I save:occasion14:--------------------2.5 gets returned.:BangHead:
Marvin

Liu21: now that you are on the inside track, and keeping us posted on things we have always inquired about, is there any inside news as to "will the U S govt ever stop minting pennies? Thus causing a spike in the pre-82 coppers?

Dozer, you know he's just boxing coin. Kinda like asking a bagboy if the grocery store stock is going up next year! Lol!

Also, a law will have to be passed to do away with them. Of course, if you were being sarcastic then just ignore all I just said!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back