Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
I want a driver's license, and a metal detector. gluck if you guys go

Finders-Seekers

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2009
Hey, Bildon, you're not talking about Hillsboro, are you? The only thing left there is the town's cemetery which is still in use today. Other than that, you can find all kinds of junk laying around where the town's buildings once were. And, you might even find a gold coin or two. About a week ago, I found a 1908 Indian Head penny in that area. So, you never know! By the way, I also found a container of nitroglycerine. But, now that I've got your attention, I'll tell you what it really was. Sorry, but I just had to tease you a little! Just outside the gate of the Hillsboro Cemetery, I found a modern penny and a tiny metal container full of nitroglycerine pills for a heart patient. I've been metal-detecting since 1976, both in the United States and in Europe and that small container is probably one of the strangest items found to date. So, you never know what you're going to come across! Hey, let me know when you plan to hunt your ghost town again and, if I can find a way to get a day off from work, I'd love to join you! I work in Eldorado but live elsewhere.

SArkHunter

Greenie
May 1, 2005
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter , Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro TigerShark
Researched Blanchard Springs a yr ago but havent found time as of yet to drive over and check it out. The U.S. Treasure Atlas tells about it and took me awhile to locate it with google earth..probably someone owns the land and is private would be my luck..lol

HH and GL

OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BLANCHARD SPRINGS ARKANSAS GHOST TOWN THREE MILES EAST JUNCTION CITY ON STATE LINE ROAD. TOWN WAS MOSTLY ON NORTH SIDE OF ROAD GO SOUTH ON SPEARSVILLE ROAD TO FIRST HOUSE LIVES J.D.THURMAN HE IS ABOUT 85 OR SO YEARS OLD HE CAN AND WILL TELL YOU A LOT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread