What's new

South Padre Island

m bryan

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
691
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the Lord wills and Bonnie permits I will be there for a few days starting Thursday. Is metal detecting permited or do you have to buy a permit? Any parts of the Island that is off limits? Any info is appreciated......thanks
 
m bryan said:
If the Lord wills and Bonnie permits I will be there for a few days starting Thursday. Is metal detecting permited or do you have to buy a permit? Any parts of the Island that is off limits? Any info is appreciated......thanks
Dear m bryan;
All of the National Seashore is strictly off limits to metal detecting, my friend. As far as I am aware, a person can metal detect on Padre Island in the county park areas and in the state park areas UNLESS they have changed the laws there recently. Please note that the National Seashore starts at Malaquite Beach and extends southward into the 4 wheel drive only area.
Your friend;
LAMAR
 

Attachments

  • North_PAIS_2b_copy_2.webp
    North_PAIS_2b_copy_2.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 711
Go to South Padre Island and detect away.

Don't confuse South Padre with the National Seashore. No detecting there.

The area around the Mansfield Channel is 4x4 only but I have seen folks in 2 wheel drive doing fine.
must be locals that know the area.

See the Map, you want to be south of the Mansfield Channel.

Map_of_Padre_Island_National_Seashore.webp
 
Thanks for the help. I can assume that if I stay south of the National Sea Shore I will be fine. I appreciate the replies.
 
m bryan said:
Thanks for the help. I can assume that if I stay south of the National Sea Shore I will be fine. I appreciate the replies.
Dear m bryan;
It would help a bit if we knew where you are going to, Corpus, Brownsville, Galveston, etc. Padre island is a long stretch of beach my friend. If you go to Padre from Corpus, then you cannot detect anywhere from Malaquite beach south to the Mansfield cut.
If you go to Padre island via Brownsville you can detect from the Mexican border all the way north to the Mansfield cut.
Your friend;
LAMAR
 
Brownsville.......thanks again.
 
Stay away from anything that says "State" as in Brazos State park or "Historic" as in Historic Lighthouse
or "Federal", "National" or "Registered", etc

I know your aware of this but just saying anyhow :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom