What's new

South western, westmoreland county

jman774

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter pioneer 202
Does anyone for any pictures or maps or know anything about westmoreland county down around donegal? Any school houses or roads or anything. Any information would be helpful... Just trying to find some new spots...
 
Last edited:
once you have checked them out go to

Penn Pilot Photo centers, and check out the 1930's, 1950's, & 1970's Arials

Penn Pilot Photo Centers

and see if you can narrow down their exact location.

this is what I do
 
1800 arial drawings available and numerous other maps can be found for free on the Library of Congress website. I got a 1897 one for jeannette there after almost paying $40 for it from another website.
 
the penn pilot maps jeff of pa mentioned are really nice for google earth overlays, I have learned alot from them though I think they only go as far back as the 40's
 
the penn pilot maps jeff of pa mentioned are really nice for google earth overlays, I have learned alot from them though I think they only go as far back as the 40's

actually May 24th. 1939 appears to be the earliest for donegal

Untitledww.webp

September, 2012

Untitledyiy.webp
 
Last edited:
I've used historicaeriels.com. they go back to 1902 or so. I'm also from pa, Derry area to be exact so if younz ever need a huntin buddy let me know. Also fishguy, I tried to accept your friend request but obviously I don't know what I'm doing so please forgive me...lol
 
thats ok I am used to being ignored lol
 
thats ok I am used to being ignored lol

? :tongue3: Ignored ? I hope not here.

If we ignore you start waving your arms around to Get our attention :laughing7:
 
Hello all, I'm just getting into metal detecting. Looking to buy a Garrett AT Pro here soon.
 
1800 arial drawings available and numerous other maps can be found for free on the Library of Congress website. I got a 1897 one for jeannette there after almost paying $40 for it from another website.

I live in Greensburg. I would love to get together with u after I get my Garrett.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom