What's new

souvenir token

k10silv

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this recently at an old home site. Picture isn't too good. Looking for information about it... mainly just to put a date on it. Couldn't find anything on the internet. On one side it reads "Fort Worth Texas Souvenir - Swifts Premium Ham and Bacon's". Other side just contains a star and the word "SWIFT". I know its from the Swift Meat Packing Plant that used to be down in the stockyards... but that's about it. Thanks in advance.

Jeremy
 

Attachments

  • token.webp
    token.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 504
Swift use to be one of the largest meat packing businesses in the southwest. I don't know if they still exist or if they have been bought out by another company over the years? l haven't seen any of their products since about the late 1960s. Did you run the name on google? There should be some info available there? Monty
 
Upvote 0
k10silv said:
I dug this recently at an old home site. Picture isn't too good. Looking for information about it... mainly just to put a date on it. Couldn't find anything on the internet. On one side it reads "Fort Worth Texas Souvenir - Swifts Premium Ham and Bacon's". Other side just contains a star and the word "SWIFT". I know its from the Swift Meat Packing Plant that used to be down in the stockyards... but that's about it. Thanks in advance.

Jeremy
Dont quote me but my guess would be somewhere in the first half of the 20th century. For the Googlers every word must be exact and maybe its "Swifts Premium Hams and Bacon" ;D http://www.hakes.com/images.asp?ItemNo=39178&ImageNo=001

Ill bet is a good as Spam. :spam4:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom