kinchafoonee Sr. Member Joined Apr 2, 2013 Messages 314 Reaction score 373 Golden Thread 0 Location SoWeGa Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Apr 5, 2013 #1 SoWeGa Bolen Bevel. Before and after pictures again. He did a great job again! Attachments DSC04369.webp 191.9 KB · Views: 145 DSC04379.webp 131.6 KB · Views: 161 DSC04418.webp 223.4 KB · Views: 154 DSC04419.webp 170.8 KB · Views: 169 Upvote 0
joshuaream Silver Member Joined Jun 25, 2009 Messages 3,174 Reaction score 4,547 Golden Thread 0 Location Florida & Hong Kong Apr 5, 2013 #2 Was that one broken before it was restored, or just heavily used? A lot of early archaic knives get the rounded tip/ear from use. I like Gomer's work, have sent multiple pieces, but I think that one was nicer prework.
Was that one broken before it was restored, or just heavily used? A lot of early archaic knives get the rounded tip/ear from use. I like Gomer's work, have sent multiple pieces, but I think that one was nicer prework.
kinchafoonee Sr. Member Joined Apr 2, 2013 Messages 314 Reaction score 373 Golden Thread 0 Location SoWeGa Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Apr 5, 2013 Thread Owner #3 joshuaream said: Was that one broken before it was restored, or just heavily used? A lot of early archaic knives get the rounded tip/ear from use. I like Gomer's work, have sent multiple pieces, but I think that one was nicer prework. Click to expand... Tip was broken, one ear was broken. Having it restored took it from the junk box to frame, so to me it was well worth the restoration.
joshuaream said: Was that one broken before it was restored, or just heavily used? A lot of early archaic knives get the rounded tip/ear from use. I like Gomer's work, have sent multiple pieces, but I think that one was nicer prework. Click to expand... Tip was broken, one ear was broken. Having it restored took it from the junk box to frame, so to me it was well worth the restoration.