SP24 coil coming today... looking for updated advice!

ScoTTT2

Jul 19, 2021
steuben county, ny
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the simplex to use as a inexpensive water machine .. it came with the v2.78 .. the stock coil and lower rod made it almost impossible to swing in the water .. I tried it for a few hours on land .. and was totally unimpressed .. I was considering selling the machine until I downloaded the 2.77, bought a carbon fiber lower rod and the sp22 coil .. now I kind of like it for what I use it for .. I have no idea why they would go from the 2.77 to the 2.78 .. IMO the 2.78 made the simplex worth it's cost, where the 2.77 makes it a great bargain of a metal detector as the hype I bought into on this machine was saying .. I haven't used the sp 24, but the sp 22 coil is a great coil for the water detector

Kel1

Greenie
Mar 16, 2019
NW Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS III, bought new in the '80's and still own! Fisher F2, Delta 4000, Hunt Mate and Nokta pin pointers, and now added the Nokta Simplex+ with added sp24 coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking through the thread here and it seems that it's been a while since some discussion on the SP24. Is everyone still liking V 2.77 over 2.78? I'm running 2.78 now with the stock coil. Just seeing if anyone has any new thoughts or ideas! Thanks all and Happy Hunting!

With the stock coil I upgraded to 2.78 and it was much quieter and my preferred choice. 2.77 was just too noisy in my area. When I added the SP24 I still liked the 2.78 but recently went back to the 2.77 and I like that also now with the new coil. If I happen to go to an area where I feel I'll need to switch coils I'd probably run 2.78 all the time.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
v2.77 with the SP24 is the serious ticket. Use Park1 and have fun:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread