ivan salis said:german style "maltese" or "iron" cross -- popular with west coast surfers
?? WOW, sweet ride. I am not worthy. 
Funny you mention this ivan, I have found one of the Spanish awards given to the German Condor Legion. I found it in Boston in some random field. 315 were given out to family members of the Germans who lost there life fighting in the Spanish war. I attached a couple of images of what it looked like new and the one I found.ivan salis said:the iron cross was used by the germans as a military award LONG BEFORE THE NAZIS CAME TO POWER thus it does not carry the same bad mojo as the swastika * -- which actual was used long before the nazi's twisted its meaning as a good luck symbol -- the non nazi type has its center area bars is in a "+" cross design--- in the nazi version its center bars are not "straight" but its ends end where the "+" line if in place would be at.
ivan salis said:see how on the nazi type swastika - the bars are not straight up and down and across ? ------ in a non nazi type swastika they are --straight up /down and across like a "+" sign .Ivan
I dont know the reason. It is kinda odd that surfers would choose the iron cross..Dano Sverige said:Either way,i just find it odd that surfers choose it as an emblem.
Garabaldi said:Any idea how old this is? Any other info on it would be appresicated.![]()
A good guess. 1960's. Is this solved?muleskinner said:Just a guess, 1968.
