What's new

Spigot/Bung

1afox

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2016
Messages
28
Reaction score
39
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any info/date on this barrel spigot? Found at pre 1860 homesite.

20160730_202655_resized.webp
 
Upvote 12
Spigot

This is it whole, don't know age nice find
 

Attachments

  • _20160716_113021.webp
    _20160716_113021.webp
    305.8 KB · Views: 93
Very cool find. Congrats and HH !
 
It's a barrel tap. Looks similar to ones I have found at Colonial sites.
 
It's a barrel tap. Looks similar to ones I have found at Colonial sites.
Yes. Definitely a barrel tap. Found a bunch of pieces before but the only intact one I ever found I ended up giving away to the property owner along with a large cent I found on the same site. Now I want another one. :laughing7:
 
20160611_114412-1.webp

This is the only whole one that I have found; I recovered it from a site that was in existence until about 1781.
 
found a pewter one marked "timmins" near the pail hanger this spring at a Colonial farm field in Kingston, NY, missing the handle
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom