What's new

Spill from the 60's

CladMoonRising

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2015
Messages
86
Reaction score
471
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Searching the foothills for turn of the century campsites. I've found a couple barbers nearby in the past but this stuff was probably dropped in the 1960's.

Found the '57 Rosie first, then '62 Franklin about a foot away. The three nickels are '52, '57 & '62 and the penny is '57. The pendant is enameled silver. It reads "Regina Sterling" on the back.

Everything was within about a 3' radius. Thanks for looking and good luck out there!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469394732.934340.webp
 
Upvote 42
Nice Franklin half !! Congrats and HH
 
Very nice. It looks like you have a great area to hunt.
 
Those coin spills are pretty sweet Great job Thanks for sharing it with us!!!!
 
Nice find! To the doubting Thomas's out there...St Christopher kept all those great coins huddled together and safe for CMR to find a few decades later!
 
Love them spills no matter what age they are.....Congrats!
 
Wow, one heck of a spill and recovery. Congrats on the big silver coin, getting so hard to find them nowadays! Sub 8-)
 
Nice silver finds! Now go back to that place get the rest of the goodies! :icon_thumleft:
 
Great job, I look for old campsites also. But I have never scored like that. Congratulations.
 
Great spill!!

As a kid we lived up on Alum Rock near Fleming adn used to wander all over those foothills, Alum Rock Park and Penatincia Creek. Nice memories!
 
As a kid we lived up on Alum Rock near Fleming adn used to wander all over those foothills
I'm in the Blossom Hill area but I've spent a fair amount of time hunting around Alum Rock Park, too. Haven't found anything spectacular there but the park itself is really nice. The old parks in SJ have been hunted so much you sometimes have to venture off the beaten path to find the good stuff. I call it "hiking with a purpose."
 
Outstanding recovery! ! 8-)
 
gosh, the big bennie has eluded me - congrats!
 
Great spill and with Big silver!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom