What's new

Splash proofed my Sovereign GT

Diggin Dave

Full Member
Joined
May 20, 2013
Messages
184
Reaction score
82
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ocean City, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT (Waterproofed)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Waterproofed Sovereign GT

I decided to give some added protection to my Sov GT. I had a couple of close calls in the surf this Summer while having it hip mounted. With my new set up I have the control box enclosed in a water tight Plano box, and held in a back pack. This will allow me to go out in the surf further and not worry about frying my detector. I have a total of $41.00 invested, cheap insurance. Thanks to a few of our forum members for sharing their designs (OBN, Max). Hopefully this can help someone else looking to do the same thing. Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • image-3233579696.webp
    image-3233579696.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 353
  • image-1715427091.webp
    image-1715427091.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 263
  • image-927299411.webp
    image-927299411.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 269
  • image-3398840948.webp
    image-3398840948.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 276
  • image-3940243445.webp
    image-3940243445.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 255
  • image-2593474181.webp
    image-2593474181.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 273
  • image-3334383679.webp
    image-3334383679.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 205
  • image-3349744766.webp
    image-3349744766.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 166
  • image-2876800570.webp
    image-2876800570.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 195
  • image-1669361994.webp
    image-1669361994.webp
    48 KB · Views: 207
  • image-1601514467.webp
    image-1601514467.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 174
  • image-1914062830.webp
    image-1914062830.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I'm in OCMD for a few days and Dave has cleaned out the place! No Gold, No Silver, just a few clad coins.......:BangHead:
 
Well I'm in OCMD for a few days and Dave has cleaned out the place! No Gold, No Silver, just a few clad coins.......:BangHead:

It's not my fault Joe, I haven't been in the water in weeks. I will be hitting it hard the second week in December. I'm off work that week and I hope to find more than clad. I'll let you know what happens. Have you settled on a property yet?
 
Hi Dave,
I am planning to waterproof my new Sovereign GT and was wondering how the Pelican box is working out?
Thank you,
Best of Luck!
 
Hi Dave,
I am planning to waterproof my new Sovereign GT and was wondering how the Pelican box is working out?
Thank you,
Best of Luck!

Hi Rusty,

It's working out great. The Pelican is extremely durable, and not all that heavy when in the backpack.

It keeps all of the sand and salt spray off of the control box. My GT still looks brand new!

The best thing of all it's cheap insurance, and it's already paid for itself. I've been hit with a few rogue waves this Summer that would've fried an unprotected GT.

HH,
Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom