Spoiler alert**** We got hammered in the US of A!

Very nice. Very old dirt there. Congats again, it's encouraging to see hammered English in the United States.

Anything for you, buddy Cru! I just used the link and it embedded itself. Is the best I can explain it.

Screen shots attached. Go to youtube and search "the hoover boys". It's the most recent video. Worth a watch.

THANKS – Looks like a Lizzy 3Pence

Thanks Bill. Was that 8 sixpences you've gotten your coil over in the US? Am I reading that right? hehehe EIGHT? :)

Well Brad, we dug 26 hammered silver coins at one site that were mostly sixpences, but a few shillings and a couple half crowns were included in the 2 mini-caches. I believe I came away from that site with 17 of those coins, and 8 were Lizzie sixpences. I also have several other hammereds found individually at different sites. All date 1645 or earlier, and every coin came from here in southeast Virginia. It's always a thrill to dig one of those babies as you guys can certainly attest to now. Hopefully a couple more are hiding in that field. Good luck on your return visit!

IMG_0388a.jpg

1500s2.JPG

Well Brad, we dug 26 hammered silver coins at one site that were mostly sixpences, but a few shillings and a couple half crowns were included in the 2 mini-caches. I believe I came away from that site with 17 of those coins, and 8 were Lizzie sixpences. I also have several other hammereds found individually at different sites. All date 1645 or earlier, and every coin came from here in southeast Virginia. It's always a thrill to dig one of those babies as you guys can certainly attest to now. Hopefully a couple more are hiding in that field. Good luck on your return visit!

View attachment 1315056

View attachment 1315057

I've seen these pictures a few times. I never get tired of seeing them, well except the part where I have to clean up all my drool lol.

Spoiler alert**** We got hammered in the US...

Dang it!!!!! I can't get my darn coil over one. Anyone I've hunted with has found at least one including Bill who seems to just trip over them. Dan has found at least one and even Evan who now lives a million miles away has found one here in VA but noooooooo, not me. Congrats and great video.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back