What's new

Spokeshave??

Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
338
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
Hi all,
does this look like it may have been worked or perhaps a spokeshave?
From illinois.....
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 96
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    96.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0
I dont think so. There is no secondary flaking. Most spokeshaves I have were found on knapped points or knives, not flakes. Many flake tools have burins and other pointed areas.

See the spokeshaves on the attached relics. The Hebron TurkeyTail spoke shave is small and hard to see - its right above my ring finger
 

Attachments

  • stemmed_missouri_spoke_shave_1983.webp
    stemmed_missouri_spoke_shave_1983.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20150808_225035-1.webp
    20150808_225035-1.webp
    199.1 KB · Views: 84
Looks like one to me ac. Looks like the edge has been touched up to me as well. Is it?

The spokes haves I have found, {and I have found many} were not as fancy as dognose's, and are simple tools similar to yours.
 
In pic number 3 it does look like one. But like Quito said it's not fancy, just very basic.
 
Autographcollector11, please PM me your address. I have some things I want to send you so you study them. You definitely have the passion for the hobby so I am willing to help you out with some of my local finds. They shouldn't be much different than what you should be finding there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom