Spooky Hunts

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted an old house near a picnic grove and a grave yard a couple of times.And when i was hunting the yard i felt like some one was watchin me..and there was no one around as the house was empty and it is in the country.......
Spooky,but i kept on hunting....

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
This happened today.Nut starring at me while mding.
Took him home, now I will sell him on E-bay.

I always keep a fairly good look out, I don't like being face with a bear or something much scarier.... Man!!!!!!

Just kidding Some people.

The silence of the wilderness is scary for millions of people from the city in stead of claustrophobia
the get the fear of open space. I's all in the mind.

I wouldn't go detecting around that Blair witch area NO....!

Attachments

• man.JPG
    man.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 232
  • man.JPG
    man.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 229

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
I was detecting in a vacant lot across from a grave yard earlier this week, it was a hot afternoon, well we got a quick rain shower, and all over the grave yard rose a fog......looked like a zombie would crawl up at any moment.....thats all I could think about ;D

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
was out at a local beach about 2 weeks ago and was walking back to the car. had my detector in one hand balanced by the middle of the shaft. as i walked passed a certain area, the thing kept turning on me like a dowsing rod. nothing obvious in the area. maybe something in the water?

maverick4440

Mar 20, 2003
NW Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This place gives me the willies!
I found this house on the back of a ranch near where I live in a heavily timbered area.
The ranch owner could only tell me the general location because he hadn't seen it himself in years and the road leading to it has completely reverted back to timber.
It took me three days to find it even though I knew sort of where it was supposed to be.
The owner said it used to be a homestead built around 1910 and it has a log barn behind it and it is so remote it never had electricity.
There are not even provisions for electricity (No Receptacles or light fixtures etc).
He said no one has lived there since the mid 1950's.
I finally found it last month and detected for about 45 minutes before a huge rainstorm hit.
The house is largely vacant but is remote enough that vandals have not broken out any windows.
The upstairs window has fallen out but most of the panes still have glass in them.
The basement is a dirt floor with fieldstone foundation and there are still items piled up down there but it was too dark to really see anything with my puny flashlight.
I want to take a gas lantern back this week to really light the place up.
I have to admit I REALLY had an odd feeling that I was being watched while I was walking through this place and was rather uncomfortable.
It seemed worse upstairs and in the basement but it did un-nerve me to some extent.
If someone would have jumped out of a closet and said "BOO!"
I would still be there dead or at best thrown my detector and ran screaming out of the house like a little girl.
I found an old doll upstairs and I found a few toy lead soldiers and some lead toy cowboys in the yard along with a 1941 wheatie before the storm hit.
There were obviously children there at one time.
It takes a good 45 minutes to walk to this place but I am going back finally this week as I have some time off.
I am posotive this has never been searched before.
I'm just brining a BRIGHT coleman lantern when I go back to ward off the heebie jeebies.
;D

Attachments

• ajack.jpg
    ajack.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 159

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
sniper-medic
Read my post on the second page of general discussion. Its spooky.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread