Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'll have to do some door knocking. That area has been hit hard for over 50 years now. But that doesn't mean there isn't still stuff around.

OP
OP
S

spotsyrick

Greenie
Mar 3, 2023
I think you'll have to do some door knocking. That area has been hit hard for over 50 years now. But that doesn't mean there isn't still stuff around.
I’m sure it has but I’m hoping that with newer technology that it will find stuff that past detectors missed. Was hoping that someone knew if there was areas that metal detecting was allowed. Appreciate the response about door to door, I will do that if I can’t find any where to go.

OP
OP
S

spotsyrick

Greenie
Mar 3, 2023
most local relic hunters I knew in Spotsy used Nautilus , not much beats them on depth to this day and surely not a nokta.
but there's still lots of relics to dig in the area for sure. I dug civil war relics at 3 different school yards in the late 80s , then in the 90s the cops ran me off with the threat of a trespass summons. you can look up rules for county ,state and federal lands on the websites for each . but again there is no public land hunting in that area .
I had mostly Fisher detectors, I still have my 1266, and I had a Nautilus DMC 2 but I guess I just didn't take the time to get use to it. I wasn't a fan of that train whistle sound lol, so I got rid of that for the 1266. I can tell by your comment you must not be a fan of Nokta, but for the price and all the video comparisons on YouTube, they say it's just as good as the higher priced detectors. I guess time will tell, but I hope I made the right decision. I knew that you couldn't detect on school properties, but what about parks?

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
parks and all government properties in that area are off limits to detecting. if they weren't the area would be flooded with relic hunters from around the country . you are in the heart of civil war battle field and winter camps for over 600.000 men for two winters. get to know people and ask. the relics that came from that area would blow you away. I know a man who has his insured for 1.5 million dollars. if you look at relic books you are often looking at his finds. the stuff is still out there but tucked away on private farms.

OP
OP
S

spotsyrick

Greenie
Mar 3, 2023
parks and all government properties in that area are off limits to detecting. if they weren't the area would be flooded with relic hunters from around the country . you are in the heart of civil war battle field and winter camps for over 600.000 men for two winters. get to know people and ask. the relics that came from that area would blow you away. I know a man who has his insured for 1.5 million dollars. if you look at relic books you are often looking at his finds. the stuff is still out there but tucked away on private farms.
Thanks ticndig, much appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread