Spreadsheet available for keeping track of your silver halves

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been trying to learn to use Microsoft Excel. As a sort of project, I created a spreadsheet to help me track what I've spent on silver halves and how much the silver in them is worth.

All you have to do is input the current silver price, the number of 40% halves and the number of 90% halves. The spreadsheet will then tell you for 40%, 90% and Total the following: silver weight in ounces, silver value per coin, face value, silver value, profit and percentage profit.

Someone experienced in Excel could probably do this in a couple of minutes - it took me about 45! But if anyone wants it, they are welcome to it.

I don't know if there's someway I can upload it to this forum so others can download it. If not, just send me a message with your email address and I will send it to you.

Maybe some of you would find it helpful.

Upvote 0

98 gt

Oct 5, 2006
i also have one, would be interested in the way you did yours.
though mine just keeps track of how many then figures the total amount of silver saved for that year.

98 gt

Oct 5, 2006
HobBob,
just to let you know i am currently at about 34.84415 ounces of silver... but thats just my halves that i have. i traded for some small bars and rounds etc. so i'll go "inventory" that as well and add it to my spread sheet if anyone is interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions