pgill
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jun 4, 2005
- Messages
- 1,258
- Reaction score
- 22
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northampton, UK
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Hi All,
Can anybody tell me what this metal square ring is? It was found at an artillery site from the Boer war in South Africa that was run by the British.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. The size of the ring is 1 1/2" x 1" x 3/8" and is made from steel that has been chromed. The site is from the 1890's.
God bless
peter
Can anybody tell me what this metal square ring is? It was found at an artillery site from the Boer war in South Africa that was run by the British.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. The size of the ring is 1 1/2" x 1" x 3/8" and is made from steel that has been chromed. The site is from the 1890's.
God bless
peter
You may be right there..... I must look at some sites that show saddles etc.... thanks for the help
I am very happy with this find.... I guess it probably comes off a horse tackle. Thanks again I am blessed.....








