What's new

Squirrels Caches used to Net $35,000 a year

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,859
Reaction score
76,312
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if it is still Done.

I Know Golf Ball Caches in Squirrels Nests around Golf Courses are
Profitable.

but This is a First for me



000aaa.webp\
000bbb.webp
000ccc.webp
000ddd.webp
000eee.webp

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...xt=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=18
 
Last edited:
Years back I used to bowhunt deer using a treestand, and there was
always at least one chipmunk or squirrel that would sit there and just
raise holy hell, for hours on end, simply because I was sitting in his tree.
 
Last edited:
an exchange program: stolen nuts for golf balls ?
(got their nuts for ransome, eh)
 
starving the squirrels, there oughta be a law

That leaves you with a dilemma: Shooting them cuts into your revenue!
 
If Squirrels Had feelings & Logic, after the Snows Come
& all they got are these Large Hard Plastic Golf balls for the Winter,
They would feel Mighty Foolish :coffee2:

Golf Balls don't Ripen
 
Years back I used to bowhunt deer using a treestand, and there was
always at least one chipmunk or squirrel that would sit there and just
raise holy hell, for hours on end, simply because I was sitting in his tree.

One of the best shots I ever made was hitting a red squirrel that had been running back and forth scolding me along a fallen tree trunk about 20 yards from the hemlock I was sitting under hoping the drizzling rain would stop. I don't know who was more surprised. That was with a longbow and wood arrow, making it all the more astonishing because I had to hold it almost horizontally. They shoot higher than normal when you do that, and when you have to think about an instinctive shot it usually all falls apart. For a dozen years his tail was on my quiver . . . until one of our cat's noticed it and ended that tail.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom