What's new

STAFFORD VA SOIL QUESTION

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2017
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
6,667
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an opportunity to hunt in Stafford and am curious as to the soil conditions. Looking at videos on YouTube it does not appear to be very mineralized. Appreciate any intel:icon_thumleft:
 
No clue but wishing you good luck!
 
I've hunted some cavalry camps down past Quantico with an MXT and did fine. Stafford isn't too far down the road so you should be fine with your AT's. I asked a buddy of mine who lives down that way and he said you should be fine.Bring the GPX just in case :laughing7: Post up your finds if you get anything good.Good Luck!
 
I hunted ALL over Stafford for 30 years , the soil is not bad at all .
where every you're going has been hunted before maybe even by me . But with over 135.000 union men in winter camps there is still plenty to dig. I moved from Spotsy last year and miss the abundance of relics.

30 years ago you'd have to return to the car mid hunt to empty your pouch . I remember one hunt near what is now the airport where over 40 U.S belt plates were dug in a day . the relic hunter felt he did real good when he got $ 25 a piece for them at a local relic shop.

the relics are often deep so take a little dirt off and reevaluate iffy signals good luck on your hunt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom