STAFFORD VA SOIL QUESTION

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No clue but wishing you good luck!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've hunted some cavalry camps down past Quantico with an MXT and did fine. Stafford isn't too far down the road so you should be fine with your AT's. I asked a buddy of mine who lives down that way and he said you should be fine.Bring the GPX just in case :laughing7: Post up your finds if you get anything good.Good Luck!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted ALL over Stafford for 30 years , the soil is not bad at all .
where every you're going has been hunted before maybe even by me . But with over 135.000 union men in winter camps there is still plenty to dig. I moved from Spotsy last year and miss the abundance of relics.

30 years ago you'd have to return to the car mid hunt to empty your pouch . I remember one hunt near what is now the airport where over 40 U.S belt plates were dug in a day . the relic hunter felt he did real good when he got $ 25 a piece for them at a local relic shop.

the relics are often deep so take a little dirt off and reevaluate iffy signals good luck on your hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread