Stairs to Nowhere lead to Indian massacre!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Weird but cool day here. I took today off work to get a cavity filled at 8 am this morning and had a second appointment to get my covid booster shot at 1pm. Since the appointments were 5 hours apart I decided to revisit the spot where I found the auto-tag a few weeks ago between appointments. Started at the stairs in the picture and found a few promising relics then got a solid 68 signal so was thinking deer slug and popped the mangled 1890 indian head penny shown in the pictures. Took me a few minutes just to ID and date it due to condition but I love altered coins so was pretty happy.
I just finished digging the target when a out-of-breath gentlemen approached me excitedly asking about my metal detector and if it could detect copper. I answered affirmative and he explained he was an irrigation tech that couldn't find a key sprinkler head on a large property and had seen me detecting when he drove by. He asked if I could help him locate the head so I agreed and followed the gentlemen to the location. After five minutes I located the sprinkler raintree head and the overjoyed fellow rewarded me with a twenty dollar bill (I tried to give it back but he wouldn't hear of it).
After saying our goodbyes I was driving to the covid appointment and something on the side of the road caught my eye so I stopped and scored a flaregun. So strange list of finds today: flaregun, twenty bucks, altered coin, and calamity jane's comb. Anyway have fun treasurehounds!

Attachments

• stairs.JPG
    stairs.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 232
  • clip.JPG
    clip.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 100
  • hair comb.JPG
    hair comb.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG