Stake your own placer mining claim for about $200

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many people have complained about being ripped off buying a claim/claims over the internet. I have figured out the LR2000 system and can show you how to file your own claim for about $200. You can stake a claim on BLM property, or in a National Forest. The claim sellers won't like me for this, but for the price of just one of their claims you can claim about ten of your own claims. I own one claim and have half interest in another and so far I put in $300. (A learned mistake will cost me, but the claim will still be mine.) Each 20acre claim will cost $140 per year in fees. I am on a disability budget and will be staking a claim or two more. I have seen and talked to miners that can squeeze a half ounce or more per month from their claims. Hard work, yes, but the color of your own gold makes it worth it. I am planning on putting together a workshop/class to help you see how easy and cheap it is to own your own claim. Your input will steer me into the right path for getting this done. TimC

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Blm is very informative and helpful.They have good maps available.It is about time they raised some claim fees maybe it will free some up for the prospectors that actually use them.This is not the forum to glorify mineral trespass. What does it really say about someone, when they complain about spending a nominal fee everyone is expected to pay, And also stating you just might bypass the system totally....stealing from the people your trying to enlighten?"

If you are referring to me "Claim Jumping" historically DOES NOT mean working a claim that is someone elses illegally , it means that you acquired a claim from someone else, for example miner john forgot to pay his yearly fee, so miner larry acquired the claim by filing a new claim since minor john failed to pay, legally forfeiting the claim.
Can't agree man if a claim is let go by the holder it is available for mineral entry again period. It is in no way claim jumping to file a new claim on the location of an abandoned claim. The Historical term " Claim Jumping" specifically refers to Mineral trespass wich is when someone unlawfully trys to remove valuable minerals from someone elses State or Federal mining claims. There are laws on the books against it. No laws in place for the situation you describe , if you let a claim go as in not paying your fees thats on the Claim holder. There actually is sort of a grace period if you don't pay by Sept 30th wich is the deadline, that grace period didn't exist before. And as far as discussing equipment vs. showing results....I wager most of the succesful prospectors love to talk about their gear and their tinkering....and have their reasons for not showing all of their finds I don't. There are a few fellows I know who lurk here don't discuss anything and i have seen their finds in person, and it is more than anyone here ever shows here. They have their reasons for not showing off.Just because someone doesn't show off doesn't mean they aren't very succesful at what they do.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm a huge Poker fan! Would love to see one of your tables. I play Texas Hold 'Em quite a bit at Bucky's in Prescott when I'm in town.

Terry,

Sorry to have missed this request back in Oct. Here you go.. First few photos are a custom with removable cupholders.

49838193.jpg

11022012188.jpg

11022012184.jpg

This custom table started out as racetrack table with a center cutout being the bet line and flush mounted cupholders. Client made changes to the design. The custom cloth has barbwire as the betting line, bullet holes, and a pair of 45's.

cutellipse1.jpg

customcq.png

finishedtable.jpg

table2k.jpg

barbu.png

Last edited:

idowa

Jan 21, 2012
Palouse, WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Outstanding craftsmanship on those poker tables!! Simply beautiful... I started out when I was 18 working as a finish carpenter in Idaho before I joined the Navy... I can still appreciate good quality work...

Now, for the main topic of gold claims...

I live in Prescott Valley and have spent a fair amount of gas out exploring the surrounding country in search of old mines and homesteads to explore. It seems in the last couple of years, the places I've been are either gated off or have white PVC claim markers...

I'm thinking of getting into dry washing and joining the GPAA to work one of their claims West of the Dewey/Humboldt area...

I have not had much luck in finding gold in dry washes or in quartz deposits in that area, so the chance of me finding a spot that is not only rich in gold, but also open to stake a claim seems pretty remote... Advice?

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live in Prescott Valley and have spent a fair amount of gas out exploring the surrounding country in search of old mines and homesteads to explore. It seems in the last couple of years, the places I've been are either gated off or have white PVC claim markers...

I'm thinking of getting into dry washing and joining the GPAA to work one of their claims West of the Dewey/Humboldt area...

I have not had much luck in finding gold in dry washes or in quartz deposits in that area, so the chance of me finding a spot that is not only rich in gold, but also open to stake a claim seems pretty remote... Advice?

Can't help you as your way north of me but I am in Arizona, I can suggest that you do your homework on a dry washer. Take your time look them all over. You may want to check out the Dry Washer threads. My signature has a link to what I feel is one of the best dry washers made for the price. The March/April issue of Gold Prospectors had a review on the dry washers in my signature.

I have been working a dry wash and been getting nice gold. Here is a link... Vacuuming For Gold

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same as what happened on the Gold Rush show. Todd Hoffman forgot to pay the lease and forfeited it to Fred Hurt.

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would just like to help pay for a lease or claim that is tested and proven and then put a good team together to knock it out of the park. I just posted a new thread about starting a team for 2014.

Pauliswilling

Jul 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tim

Another BTW. My signature, "I knew a man who..." is my own quote to reflect the fact that I am dying of cancer. I might have a couple years left. The jest of the words means that anything a person goes through is nothing compared to what lies ahead. A person sometimes doesn't want to know what he will be going through. TKC

I just found this web site today! A friend and I want to find a place to pan and stake a claim if we find a good spot. Myself and my friend are 100 % service connected disabled vets. My Mom's boyfriend was diagnosed with terminal cancer about 9 years ago. He was very fit at the time,used to ride bicycles at the age of 70 about 400 miles a week sometimes. We all prayed for him when this was happening,Doctors gave him 6 months to live. That was 9 years ago aprox,and he is still with us! Miracles do happen!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread