Stake your own placer mining claim for about $200

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many people have complained about being ripped off buying a claim/claims over the internet. I have figured out the LR2000 system and can show you how to file your own claim for about $200. You can stake a claim on BLM property, or in a National Forest. The claim sellers won't like me for this, but for the price of just one of their claims you can claim about ten of your own claims. I own one claim and have half interest in another and so far I put in $300. (A learned mistake will cost me, but the claim will still be mine.) Each 20acre claim will cost $140 per year in fees. I am on a disability budget and will be staking a claim or two more. I have seen and talked to miners that can squeeze a half ounce or more per month from their claims. Hard work, yes, but the color of your own gold makes it worth it. I am planning on putting together a workshop/class to help you see how easy and cheap it is to own your own claim. Your input will steer me into the right path for getting this done. TimC

Upvote 0

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AZViper.. Our mother couldn't tell us apart! AZV.... The Tucson area would be good, But be CAREFUL just south of there! the border situation is getting ROUGH! Tim and I have pretty much given an open invite to all you guys to come and join us in the search for that crazy yellow stuff. Supa Fly is on his way right now from Indiana. TTC

Yes I am fully aware of the issues. I have hunted for years along the border. You have no clue as to what I have seen over the years or had walked into our camp. I lost a Kimber 45 pistol to illegals who used our entire camp while we were out. 36B was my favorite unit. From Arivaca Road to the border, From I-19 to State Highway 286. This is a great area for hunting and prospecting but it has gotten so bad that I have given up on the unit.

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AZViper.. Our mother couldn't tell us apart! AZV.... The Tucson area would be good, But be CAREFUL just south of there! the border situation is getting ROUGH! Tim and I have pretty much given an open invite to all you guys to come and join us in the search for that crazy yellow stuff. Supa Fly is on his way right now from Indiana. TTC

Terry thanks for the invite but this week I have to have 4 poker tables completed and delivered on Saturday.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry thanks for the invite but this week I have to have 4 poker tables completed and delivered on Saturday.

I'm a huge Poker fan! Would love to see one of your tables. I play Texas Hold 'Em quite a bit at Bucky's in Prescott when I'm in town.

Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please point me in the right direction........

Many people have complained about being ripped off buying a claim/claims over the internet. I have figured out the LR2000 system and can show you how to file your own claim for about $200. You can stake a claim on BLM property, or in a National Forest. The claim sellers won't like me for this, but for the price of just one of their claims you can claim about ten of your own claims. I own one claim and have half interest in another and so far I put in $300. (A learned mistake will cost me, but the claim will still be mine.) Each 20acre claim will cost $140 per year in fees. I am on a disability budget and will be staking a claim or two more. I have seen and talked to miners that can squeeze a half ounce or more per month from their claims. Hard work, yes, but the color of your own gold makes it worth it. I am planning on putting together a workshop/class to help you see how easy and cheap it is to own your own claim. Your input will steer me into the right path for getting this done. TimC

Hi! I am looking to obtain a claim in N. California and don't know where to start. The kids and I have plans to prospect all summer so i would like to get started ASAP. I know that I need to go to the BLM but from what I understand they are not very helpful and there is quite a bit of information and maps that could confuse a rocket scientist. So, if you can please share a few pointers I would really appreciate it. Thank you:) in advance!

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
more prayers for ya TimC..and thanks for the info ill be paying close attention im in southern ca.

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

New rules: Now you pay $180 PLUS $140 for every 20 acres. New law this year, apparently everyone that has a claim has to pay extra this year or lose the claim. Time to jump some claims!

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blm is very informative and helpful.They have good maps available.It is about time they raised some claim fees maybe it will free some up for the prospectors that actually use them.This is not the forum to glorify mineral trespass. What does it really say about someone, when they complain about spending a nominal fee everyone is expected to pay, And also stating you just might bypass the system totally....stealing from the people your trying to enlighten?

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
Hey guys! Quick question. I know it sound stupid but you said you could file in national forest? Does that mean I could file one in Georgia national forest? Or am I just wishful thinking? Lol I'm envious of the west for all the open land and ability to claim properties. I'm terribly sorry about the cancer. I just had two friends in the same month die of cancer they never knew they had till they went for other surgeries. My prayers are with you and your family.

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Blm is very informative and helpful.They have good maps available.It is about time they raised some claim fees maybe it will free some up for the prospectors that actually use them.This is not the forum to glorify mineral trespass. What does it really say about someone, when they complain about spending a nominal fee everyone is expected to pay, And also stating you just might bypass the system totally....stealing from the people your trying to enlighten?"

If you are referring to me "Claim Jumping" historically DOES NOT mean working a claim that is someone elses illegally , it means that you acquired a claim from someone else, for example miner john forgot to pay his yearly fee, so miner larry acquired the claim by filing a new claim since minor john failed to pay, legally forfeiting the claim.

Last edited:

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! Quick question. I know it sound stupid but you said you could file in national forest? Does that mean I could file one in Georgia national forest? Or am I just wishful thinking? Lol I'm envious of the west for all the open land and ability to claim properties. I'm terribly sorry about the cancer. I just had two friends in the same month die of cancer they never knew they had till they went for other surgeries. My prayers are with you and your family.

Contact the local ranger station.
Georgia Gold-Prospecting Regulations | eHow.com

jackragusa

Greenie
Nov 13, 2010
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont know about 200.00 but I have done it 3 times. It's more like 300 to 325.00 per claim depending the county filing fees. It's not hard to do, and may I make one recomendation. After running the reports off the LR2000, finding the claim area of interest, and doing the paper work, first call the BLM. They will be happy to double check you work and the area for availability for you for free.. Dont want to make the mistake of over filing on another recently aquired claim or filing a placer claim on top of a lode claim which most folks dont check when searching for placer claims.. Just a thought....

jackragusa

Greenie
Nov 13, 2010
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The 140.00 is only for those who dont file the waiver and dont work on the claims for that specific year. If you do work your claim and do minor improvements, the waiver fee is only 10 dollars per 20 acres. or per each 20 acre claim.

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would anyone complain about fees or costs? Considering the fact, that if the claim holds value. The claim will pay for itself in the first place.
If I pay $500 for a claim and I only mine a final total of $5000 in gold. Why would I complain?

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If only it was so easy to fork out a couple hundred bucks and have a gold producing mining claim!! I have about 2 years in research and day trips to the area I claimed...I guess it depends on what kind of gold claim ya want...I personally want gold on my claim so I put in the work to make sure of it..

Most new age prospectors like the Idea of having a gold claim and playing with the equipment but not the work....More fun to talk about wich mat is better or if the A52 sluice is better then the new one...Does the Garret pan work better??How do I build this?? Hardly ever do you read post about people actually talking about actually getting gold mostly about how to build a tool or sumtin..I wonder how much gold they would get if they actually stoped building stuff to recover gold and actaully looked for it.... The same with claims!! they just want a claim so to say they have one!!! I went to one of the local mining shops and went up to their claim on shirtail.. What a joke!!!!The owner new only that gold has been found their back in the day.. He could tell me every sluice box in existance but he new crap about gold!!And personaly I wouldn't give him 50 cents for his claim all 160 acres.. I can't imagine all the suckers that pay him to work that property,,,But anyway..140 every 20 acres aint bad but that is the easy part!!!

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would anyone complain about fees or costs? Considering the fact, that if the claim holds value. The claim will pay for itself in the first place.
If I pay $500 for a claim and I only mine a final total of $5000 in gold. Why would I complain?

Whos complaining?

homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only it was so easy to fork out a couple hundred bucks and have a gold producing mining claim!! I have about 2 years in research and day trips to the area I claimed...I guess it depends on what kind of gold claim ya want...I personally want gold on my claim so I put in the work to make sure of it..

Most new age prospectors like the Idea of having a gold claim and playing with the equipment but not the work....More fun to talk about wich mat is better or if the A52 sluice is better then the new one...Does the Garret pan work better??How do I build this?? Hardly ever do you read post about people actually talking about actually getting gold mostly about how to build a tool or sumtin..I wonder how much gold they would get if they actually stoped building stuff to recover gold and actaully looked for it.... The same with claims!! they just want a claim so to say they have one!!! I went to one of the local mining shops and went up to their claim on shirtail.. What a joke!!!!The owner new only that gold has been found their back in the day.. He could tell me every sluice box in existance but he new crap about gold!!And personaly I wouldn't give him 50 cents for his claim all 160 acres.. I can't imagine all the suckers that pay him to work that property,,,But anyway..140 every 20 acres aint bad but that is the easy part!!!

They pondered advancements in the old days too. If they had our stuff back then they would do the same thing. As a matter of fact they did. Anytime something that made mining easier or more productive they did it.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
attitude and how you present yourself is the key to being allowed in or not! chose your words carefully so you wont confuse someone into thinking that they dont want you on their property! it also works on the net!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread