Standing Liberty Quarter – no date

Mike N Tn.

Jul 1, 2008
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600,
and Fisher F75
I found the attached standing liberty quarter toward the end of a four-hour hunt at a heavily hunted site in middle Tennessee. I switched the Etrac over to conductive mode and used the quick mask to eliminate iron in the last 40 minutes and found the standing liberty buried between a bunch of roots. Only the second standing liberty I’ve found in twenty years of detecting. The area had civil war troops and WW II soldiers, so I am unsure of the date of the center bar buckle in the attachment. The 1964 dime was also nice to find. Glad the weather is finally cooling off.

Attachments

• SL no date front.JPG
    SL no date front.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 87
  • SL no date back.JPG
    SL no date back.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 46
  • SL and 64 dime.JPG
    SL and 64 dime.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 23

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the attached standing liberty quarter toward the end of a four-hour hunt at a heavily hunted site in middle Tennessee. I switched the Etrac over to conductive mode and used the quick mask to eliminate iron in the last 40 minutes and found the standing liberty buried between a bunch of roots. Only the second standing liberty I’ve found in twenty years of detecting. The area had civil war troops and WW II soldiers, so I am unsure of the date of the center bar buckle in the attachment. The 1964 dime was also nice to find. Glad the weather is finally cooling off.
Nice recoveries, the SLQ has a nice silhouette and imagery inspite of its being worn... congratulations 👍

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
Mike N Tn.

Mike N Tn.

Jul 1, 2008
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600,
and Fisher F75
I have yet to find one. Great recoveries, congrats!
Do I see writing on the right side of the buckle?
Great eye. The buckle says STD Brass. Dates from 1930's to 1960's I think. May not be that old even. Super appreciate spotting the writing.

Attachments

• SL std brass.JPG
    SL std brass.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 17

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your great recoveries

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions