Standing liberty quarter!

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Dug this morning in a friends yard. House was built in the 40s. I was so excited!! To bad date is worn. Thanks for looking! IMG_0594.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpeg
    IMG_0595.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 107
Upvote 36
OP
OP
cajundetector

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
I'd take a worn standing liberty over a crisp Washington any day. Nice one!
Thank you!! Story behind it is a buddy called me to detect and trace his sewer line. I took care of that and he said I could go at his yard. Really wasn’t expecting much besides wheat Pennie’s. I’ve got 2 property markers and at least 3 lines under my belt lol!

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A SLQ in any condition is a great find - congrats !

The earlier Type 1 SLQ's had a raised date that wore off very easily.
The Type 2's had a recessed date - that's why a lot of the one's you see with a easy to read date - are newer.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
cajundetector

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
with as much wear as that one has, it was probably lost in the late 40's to early 50's so fit's the time frame of the house pretty well. Great find. Worn or not, a SLQ is always a cool find
Thank you!! That makes a lot of sense. Good thing is most homes in that neighborhood are from that era so maybe new permissions.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As a 50+ year collector of SLQs, I love seeing them posted. They are the best US coin design, IMHO, and truly a special find regardless of condition- Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread