Started MDing ended bottle digging

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS and X-Terra 50
Headed out this morning to the ghost town I hunted last winter. My brother-in-law (roysmopar) and his wife were up for the weekend and they along with my daughter went also. We got to the field and started MDing, I came up with a 1917-D buffalo right off the bat and 1911 wheaty shortly after that. I'm thinking its going to be a good day of coin hunting. Not long after that Roy yells hes found a trash pit with some bottles. We spent the rest of the afternoon digging early 1900s bottles. Roy's wife also found what looks to be part of a spur. Here some pics thanks for looking.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Upvote 0
nice bottles!! that buffalo seems like its in very good condition too!!

Great stuff! Glad you got to spend some time with the family. Congrats on the Buffalo, that was the year my Dad was born (he's deceased now)

HH,
Moon

Beautiful Buffalo, I like them old bottles too, I look for em all the time but there's not many good spots for them anymore like there was when I was a kid. I've been bottle collecting since I was a kid

I love old bottles and jars. I used to dig dumps around my home town here in ohio. Fun hobby. That's how people disposed of therir trash in the old days. Out back of their homes or in a woods.

Thanks everyone, Till last year when I found this site I hadn't done much bottle hunting. But the site is littered with broken glass and Ive been picking up small bottles ever sense I got there. The pit Roy found yesterday has been the bigest cache of bottles so far. The town is pre 1900s so there should be some older bottles still to be found as these were all machine made. I'm going to have to start splitting time between MDing and Bottle hunting . You always feel like missing something at this place.

DiggingFl,

love coming across them bottle dumps;
very nice; keep digging. ;) ;D

have a good un.........
SHERMANVILLE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back