Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Don Jose

Our mutial friend sent me a message Hardluck sends his greetings and best wishes for your project. A nice lemon, lime and bitters would do nicely.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Don Jose

Dont mind if I do. Make mine black.

I will try to email on your address on to him. However I think he has vanished off the face of the earth for a while. He does that from time to time. Some times he is like a willowisp, where he goes nobody knows?

Did he tell you anything? I have only been privilaged to bits and pieces over a few drinks catching up, talking about old times. He almost talked me in to going with him but am I liking the home comforts too much these days.

Anyway hows that mining project of yours going, and progressing well I hope?

Crow

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Ladies & gentlemen: a slight update on Tayopa is in order. As it once was asked of me if anyone else had ever been to the Tayopa site, I replied, "of course, the key word is knowing that they were at Tayopa".

Yes, there has been mining in the surrounding parts of the Zone, The most interesting one is perhaps The Gold mine that was being mined in the next barranca to the SW in the 1840's, La barranca is known as El Naranjal. What is fascinating is that it was being mined by a Spaniard in the period just before the Benito Juarez revolution and was closed up, never to be knowingly reopened.

A cave well hidden in that area, which requires some rope work, was found by a local Indian, Benito, who merely chopped off bits of gold from one of the bars stored there whenever he needed food etc. He was followed many times, but always eluded his trackers. He died just before we were well established up there. . Is this, perhaps the infamous "El Naranjal" Mine which has also been looked for extensively? Supposedly in Sinaloa? This will be on our Tayopa agenda as time goes by, no hurry, since we own the area also.

To date we now know where three of the Tayopa mines positively are, and the very close certainity of two, possibly 3 more. We presently have a team up there investigating.. Since the Sant Nino is accessible, but internally blocked with two known back fills, it will be one of the priorities, however I will put a hold on it until I can get a team of experienced Mexican miners to clear it out and investigate. I have fairly high hopes for it since no one goes to the trouble to close a tunnel off with backfills for enjoyment..

One of the mines precisely known, but not opened, because we have the survey documents, was originally worked or filed upon in ?? - the papers were to worn and faded Then again in the1800's as the Benito Juarez, then again filed upon as La Bonanza and the San Francsco in 1924, but due to lack of work and taxes, was declared free again in 1928.. The Sierras were far more dangerous than when the Apaches controlled them, due to the many x revolutionaries that refused to go back to their farms, but instead became pure merciless bandidos.©@

I presently have it filed on also.
More to come

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

trsrseeker

May 10, 2011
FL / NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field, Excaliber 11, Sovereign, CTX 3030
Good to hear things are moving along. Wish you all the best!

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buenas Don Jose,

I have been enjoying your unveiling of Tayopa. You have been teasing us with news, and pictures doing the seven veil dance. Now you throw a veil in our faces with the back filled tunnels of the Santo Nino. Of course the Jesuits wouldn't go to all that trouble just for pleasures sake!

Have you always been a man with patience, or has living in the land of tomorrow instilled this upon you?

"La paciencia es un arbol de raiz amarga, pero de frutos muy dulces". Patience is a tree with bitter roots, but with very sweet fruits.

I was reading of the amount of silver that has come out of Batopilas, and can only imagine how rich the Tayopa complex is. It also reminded me of the conductas of the Peraltas. There is a real nice video that shows the reenactment of the Batopilas conducta de la plata. If you would like to view it, just go to VisitBatopilas.com go to "the silver trail" and enjoy the video titled "Arrieros".

Homar

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Homar: sheesh, I enjoyed your reference data "Batoplilas", it bought back many memories. When I first visited it, I was alone except for my mule, it was in the 50's.

Like most remote towns then, it was almost deserted. Now it will have paved roads ? Hotels? Resurants? The same goes for Urique, Cerocahui, Temoris, Tubares, Alamos, etc. ,

I often made my own trails, so I did get a chuckle on the post -->This re-enactment is a 'dangerous' undertaking and not to be taken lightly as mule skinners (arrieros) ride out along a treacherous 13 day journey from Batopilas to Chihuahua along the old silver trail route that stops at various 'stations' to resupply and allow the riders to rest. The riders take great pride in this ride and try to maintain the original flavor of what would have been experienced in the 16th century

What would the writer have thought of a solitary Gringo on his mule riding through there with his only protection his pistol?

Homer you are making me feel old. sigh Civilization has caught up to me.

Don Jose de La Mancha

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feliz Dia Amigo! :occasion18:

I was bringing you a cake, in the US border they told me it could be a fire hazard, so I had to take the candles out. Once in Mexico well you know how it is, I really don't have to tell you, but everyone wanted a morrdida. :tongue3: They are not hard to spot, they are the one's with gold and silver frosting on their faces.

I made it here though, I just followed Dobie's map, it is not to accurate, but I figured it out, and am here to celebrate with you! You look good Amigo. You know, just like everyone else that I have never offered coffee to anybody. This is because I really don't drink coffee, but this is truly a special occasion. So here you go :coffee2:, and one for me :coffee2:so that you don't drink alone.

What can one give to the keeper of Tayopa, probably the richest mining complex in the world? Just my blessing, and hope that you get to enjoy it for many more years to come.

Homar

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a couple of San MIguel exports? :occasion14: Gracias mi amigo: still some 61 to go for my 150 th birthday. Be sure to be there, all of the booze, broads etc that you can handle, for you gals gigalos will be supplied.
Don Jose de La Mancha

wilkes

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly impressed that you are so vibrant and adventurous at that age Don Jose! Keep it up!!

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Sam my friend Coffee in the patio? Gracias Sam, but I have not lost Tayopa, it just keeps coming back over and over. As I once mentioned, it seems to be that for some reason, I must be ordained to open Tayopa.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shucks wilkes, my friend, gracias. I still have a long ways to go, so why not enjoy it all of the way. Coffee or a cool beer in the patio? San Miguel export naturally..

Don Jose de La Mancha

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp HI regarding the Sun on the actual stylized treasure map, I am including the upper part with the Sun. Remember the angle of the view is slightly different between the map and the actual view. the second demonstrates how easy it is to cut though colored over lays with color separation.

I am also including the basic picture split into the three primary colors in order to show what old dog has been talking about. Each shows a different aspect, yet the true sun marker remains the same, while eliminating the other possible points.. You can then reverse everything for an enhanced view.

As you see, the Sun is almost exactly where it is supposed to be.

Hadj, weekender, and short stack, you did good, close but ---so I will send you a coin from Tayopa when I open the deposit.

Don Jose de La Mancha
Don Jose,
After you open that Mine
and pour the coffee, with just a touch o' the Irish,
to settle the grounds, flip that coin and we'll see who
buys the next round.
-Weekender

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
Dear Don Jose,

It is good to know that you still are around, and that you are making some progress with your plans for Tayopa. While you are also posting fireside tales, would you be interested in telling us about Matape? Milton Rose expressed the idea that Matape was not only a school, but the bank for the missions in Mexico.

Vaya con Dios.......

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H;ya igadbois: Coffee, beer, or tea? About Matape I personally do not have any data. However, remember Milton Rose, like all tellers of stories, many times used literary licence for body or continuity in his stories, this is how he was making his living. Here we don't have to do that, just post facts as near as we see or understand them.

Whatcha know about Metape?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions