What's new

Steel penny at the coinstar

Radon

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
377
Reaction score
1,245
Golden Thread
0
Location
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Nox 800
Today's trip to the coinstar yielded a few coins, the most interesting being the steel penny! 79 years old, and in decent shape.

20220525_131759.webp


Thanks for looking, and HH.
 
No wonder it rejected the new quarter.... i almost want to reject them as well... IMO the new quarter is not "flattering" for ole George.
 
Totally agree, ARC. Same with the new nickel, imo.
Speaking of nickels, that 1970 didn't get beat up.

I saw two, what I thought were crappy discolored zincolns in the reject tray not too long ago and was surprised that both were steel wheaties.

Grats and may there be silver next time.
 
Good group of finds. I got two steel cents at Coinstar this month. I like the new version of Washington, which is actually an old version that was proposed in 1932 but eventually rejected. The nickel is another story though, I have a strong dislike for the new portrait of Jefferson.
 
t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE RECOVERIES Radon :..
Here is my CoinStar Surfing Log!
​

tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from TODAY'S FINDS! over to COINSTAR FINDS for more exposure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom