What's new

Steel wheat

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
I have. Just found my fifth one this week. Anyone else?
 
Upvote 0
Just found my fifth one this week.
I mean I found my fifth one ever, not five in one week. lol.

Thanks in advance for voting.
 
I spotted one in a tellers coin tray. It might not be AU but quite close. It was still bright and shiney.
 
It was still bright and shiney.

That's pretty neat. I've never seen one in a teller's tray.

Only one of mine is AU. Another is almost unrecognizeable.
 
Ive only Found 5 in Circulation...
Ive got a few more when Buying Bags of wheats :D

Happy Hunting,
CC
 
Two, so far, but winter is coming. One was REALLY rusty, but I could still see good ol' abe.
 
Not to brag, but I have gotten a whole roll of Steel cents.

Wow! Brag away, and then brag some more. That's an incredible find! :o
 
I have found 5 this year and at least 1 last year.
 
i have found two and one was extremly shiny like someone had replated it with zinc
 
Thanks for the replies everyone. :)
 
I have come across four so far this year, two in rolls, one from the teller, and one stuck to a magnet in the coin counter.

Still looking for a 1943D.

Brian
 
I exchange rolls each week, a practice I started in 1974. About 25 years ago when I went in to exchange, the teller told me that she had some rolls that she'd been saving for me. Each roll had written on it "White Pennies". Of course I took all of them. There were 12 rolls of 1943 cents ($6). That's the most I've ever found at one time. Over the years, I've found many many more.

Scott
 
srcdco said:
There were 12 rolls of 1943 cents ($6). That's the most I've ever found at one time. Over the years, I've found many many more.

Scott

damn, i thought for sure i was ahead on steel cent finds.


congrats anyway. helluva find.
 
Funny you should ask. I just got 3 this saturday. When I went bank hopping last saturday I got a lot of customer wrapped penny rolls. There was 6-7 rolls that netted me 175 wheaties and 2 dimes. ;D
 
I've gotten probably 15-20 or so in the last 10 years. I've got 3 this year, all in one roll, one from each of the three mints. It was a customer rolled roll, and contained a P-D-S combo for each year 1941-1955 then some P-D combos for the late '50s.
 
Great finds, everyone! Thanks for voting.

I just picked up $100.00 in pennies today. Time to start looking for the next steelie.

happy hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom