What's new

Steinway Parlor Grand Piano

Surfmaster

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur 1000 & 800, Sovereign Elite & GT
how about this great deal. I bought a 107 year old Steinway Parlor Grand Piano,in awesome condition for $500 from an estate sale. It was just appraised at $10,000.

now thats a heck of deal, no?
 
Congrats on the great find. I would have snatched it up for that price too.
 
Surfmaster said:
now thats a heck of deal, no?

heck of a deal,
and a heck of an instrument!
Nice going :)
Now make some music!
 
Nice!!!!!!!!Im usually happy with a bag of steel wool for a dime...geesh.
 
*sigh*

Perhaps someday I will get a fantastic deal like that.
 
They laughed when I sat down to play the piano............. :icon_jokercolor:
 
well thats one hell of a great deal, so, whatcha gonna do with it now? keep it or sell it?
 
Want another Steinway? I happen to have a 134 yr old Steinway upright that is in poor condition. I just need someone to pick it up and restore it for themselves. I am in North Central Kentucky so you'd need to be fairly close, or willing to pay for pickup and shipping.

"Steinway & Sons serial number 30282 is listed as a Style 3 vertical piano, 4' 8", in rosewood finish. It was completed in our New York factory on December 15, 1874 and sold to (name removed by billKY) in Winsted, CT. Unfortunately this is all of the information that we have."

Pictures to anyone seriously interested. (My opinion of seriously.)

Large amounts of restoration work required. (Loose ivory, loose ebony, and loose veneer, keyboard cover needs remounted. I have a small box of pieces from the piano that will go with the machine).

Please PM me if you think you'd be willing to take it and do the restoration or have it done. I cannot afford to restore it. (I am not the original owner, got it from an auction with a bunch of other stuff, had to take the lot.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom