Sterling Religious Praying Hands ?

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought these pair of praying hands at a flea market / garage sale (this event had alittle bit of both going on). It was priced $45. I asked him if he was firm on that price and he went down to $30, which was great and made me want it even more. I have never seen praying hands in sterling silver. They stand almost 6 in tall. Each hand weighs 5.5 oz . That's 11 oz altogether. They are marked "925" on the side (near bottom) of hands and also directly on bottom. I was wondering if anyone has seen praying hands set in sterling?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
M

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if it's hollow or not. It doesn't have that heavy weighted feel like you see in salt and pepper shakers. It's also marked twice in 2 different areas on each hand "925". They are a good size. Almost 6 inches tall, 2 inches across widest part of palm of hand and 1 inch in depth. and only 5 1/2 oz each. The base has slight weight to it, so I am thinking it might have a wax base instead of that heavy cement weighted kind. I am thinking this was hand made by someone. I asked the dealer if he knew anything about it, but he did not. I am hoping to find one on the internet that is similar to this, however, I have been unsuccessful. I don't usually spend $30 for one item at garage sales. I usually go for the jewelry table, but it was so unique looking, like a sculpture, I couldn't resist

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions